Navigation & Audio Odd Audio Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:32 PM
teamholly
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Odd Audio Behavior

I'm experiencing a truly annoying behavior from my Countryman's HK sound system. I am hoping for some hints/guidance/solutions.

If I've been listening to my iPod, when I next get in the MINI sometimes the radio comes on. Other times the iPod picks up where it left off. The sound system seems to randomly choose the audio source. Drives me nuts.

It does not seem to be related to the key saving last selection, 'cause that's obviously not happening.

Any ideas?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
critterz
2nd Gear
doesn't take much to bump the usb cord loose, has happened to me a couple times, it defaults to the radio. if the connection is good before you turn it on you get the ipod, if not, you get the radio. if you switched it back to the ipod and it stays connected, it'll start where it left off....

Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
teamholly
Neutral
Originally Posted by critterz
doesn't take much to bump the usb cord loose, has happened to me a couple times, it defaults to the radio. if the connection is good before you turn it on you get the ipod, if not, you get the radio. if you switched it back to the ipod and it stays connected, it'll start where it left off....
I was afraid it would be something like that. Guess I'm going to start looking for a tighter connection, or maybe a hardware hack to fix what seems to be a design flaw.