Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 AM
GT Mini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connected but not really

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem:

Have an All4 with Connected - no Nav.

When I picked up car, my 3G iPhone played video but couldn't "Connect" as it had old operating system. Address book worked fine, Bluetooth for calls too.

Upgraded to 4.2.1 and Connected still doesn't work; says to connect using y wire which I do.

Downloaded Dynamic Music but can't open...

Info transfers to phone, mileage, fuel, etc. but just goes to my music library and there's no controlling content - plays whatever.

Now, screen goes black when Connected and no pix when video plays - do have audio. Do have album art.

Had purchased cradle but after all the posts about it not working, I returned it.

Running everything thru USB; doesn't work through Bluetooth either.

Dealership hasn't been able to help; head service guy said I needed cradle for video to work!!!

Was thinking of upgrading to 4G iPhone but everyone here seems to have issues with those too.

Looking here for help as this seems to be the place for all answers MINI. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 05-26-2011, 10:54 AM
cyberwoozle
3rd Gear
from what I've read in the forums, anything after March 2011 production means that you have to use the cradle, not the Y-cable with Connected.

I have a January production car and have no issues with the Y-cable (yet) using Connected on my iPhone 4. An iPhone 3G (or 3GS) running 4.2.1 should behave the same way... I think it's all about when your car was built.

The Connected thread has a whole bunch of info about this.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:42 PM
GT Mini
1st Gear
Thanks for the input. Checked production date - mine's 2/11!

Read the Connected thread and am coming to the conclusion no one knows...

Rather frustrating.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:37 PM
GT Mini
1st Gear
Went by Niello to have them look at it. Went thru the story with Service Manager and he came to conclusion it was the operating system - he said it needed to be 4.3.1 and that 4.2.1 wouldn't work.

He plugged in his iPhone, 3GS with 4.3 and the iPod screen popped up and started playing. He said that's what's supposed to happen. BUT his iPhone didn't have any video files so we really don't know that it would work.

He suggested getting a new phone. I think I'll find someone with video on their iPhone and see if it actually will work...