Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio HK speed varible volume??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 07:23 PM
beeps
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>By the way, my Cooper S is Jet Black with White cap and wheels. Don’t know if that has anything to do with it?

Old 07-27-2003, 07:23 PM
antsmini
6th Gear
The newer MINIs dont have the speed volume option because it is already built into the amp on the HK, the ones that do have the option, it useless anyway because as I said, its built into the HK.

Old 07-28-2003, 11:39 AM
EBMCS03
4th Gear
>>I have a 2003 MINI S with HK
>>
>>If I press and hold the music note button for about three seconds, it comes up TONE LIN. Press the button again, it changes to SPEED VOL - # (# being a number). When you rotate the volume control you can adjust it from 0-5. Press the button again, it changes to NAVI VOL - # (# being a number). You can rotate the volume control and adjust it from 0-9. Press the button again it will change to RESET?. Hope this helps.
>>
>>By the way, my Cooper S is Jet Black with White cap and wheels. Don’t know if that has anything to do with it?

Oh u have to press and hold?? OK I'm accepting the fact that it doesnt work even if i can access the menu but i want to see it

Thanks for the tip...

Old 07-28-2003, 11:43 AM
EBMCS03
4th Gear

>>I "experimented" with an aftermarket amp instead of the HK - I was very aware of needing to turn up the volume at speed; before and after, with the HK amp, I do not find such a need.
>>So I think that there is some subtle speed compensation occurring - but only meters or scopes could prove it.
>>

really? u experimented on a aftermarket amp? what did u do? just unplugged the HK amp and plugged in the Aftermarket one? and u really did notice that u need to up the volume while driving at higher speed? Hummmm I hope you're right... I hope the HK speed volume is really working... *sigh*

Old 07-28-2003, 12:56 PM
GBMINI
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have seen this thread you will know more ...
I planned to go fully aftermarket and did have a complete new system installed. But it is all ripped out now.
During those weeks, I did notice that it was necessary to turn up the aftermarket HU when driving at speed. Now, with the same aftermarket HU driving the HK amp, I don't need to turn up the volume (except when the windows are down).

Not a proof - but a hint.

Old 08-02-2003, 08:30 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
I have found that while you can get the HK without Nav to display 1 thru 6 you can not tell the difference....

Does anyone know if this is a defect or that it is an ineffective feature....

I am visiting the dealer next week and would like to know if I have a problem or just the way it is.

thanks

jc

Old 09-18-2003, 06:48 PM
pgrise
Neutral
Here's my 2 cents worth on this... also my first post. Have a new 03 MCS as of Sept 1. It has the fancy HK audio with much of the same problems noted. I've read the manual, watched the CD, and wandered online but don't have the answer yet. Wonder if anyone on this forum has a newer update.

I do not have a NAV system but holding down the musical note I the TONE LIN command , pressing again (which should bring up SPEED) brings up NAV. I can adjust numbers on NAV but Hear no changes!! I also have access to the DRIVER option, which only works on some tone presets -- that does work well, and IS described in the audio system book. BUT, my dealer in Jacksonville says they car doesn't have the speed sensing audio in it!! So, didn't we pay for that? It's a bit like the hood stripes I paid extra for because they weren't on it from factory -- even though the S with Premium and Sport packages is supposed to come with them! Two steps forward and three steps back.

To recap, as a collective group have we heard about speed audio for the fancy HKs on Ss?? What does it take to get an official answer. Does Queen Liz know? philgrise@comcast.net

Old 09-20-2003, 11:35 PM
dkstone
4th Gear
As been posted earlier i this thread, the HK system has the audio speed contolrs built into the amp and works automatically, it starts to increase the volume in smallmicrements starting @ 50mph. The head unit in the earlier MCS still have the speed menu enabled but does not function if ts connected to the HK AMP. Bear in mind that when you get the HK system all that is added to the car is the amp and speakers, the head unit is standard on all the cars with certain menu functions enabled depending on the amp connected.

Old 01-30-2004, 03:49 PM
zfxr
5th Gear
Yeah I have a 2004 MCS with the HK unit, and I think it wasn't built in I do notice a slight difference (IMHO should be another 25% volume- due to clickety clack of detroit roads) in volume. No adjustment, tho... Only "TONE LIN" followed by "NAVI VOL"... I have no NAV, tho...

bollocks!!!