Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Sat Nav System

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 07:40 AM
Rokk1
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was curious what other people thought of the Sat Nav system for the MINI. I ordered this option for my S and have yet to see a MINI with this option. Just wondering if it works well and also what the antenna looks like. I hear the regular antenna is placed in the windshield and a "shark fin" type of antenna is on the car. I'm not too sure how this will look. If anyone has any pics I would love to see them. Lastly, I know the first Sat Nav systems are CD based. But, I have heard people mentioning that the 2003 Sat Nav will be DVD based. My dealer told me that the system is still CD based. But, my dealer has been known to have outdated information on many options for the MINI. Thank goodness for this website! I get new information on the MINI even before my dealer!

Old 07-30-2002, 08:24 AM
BoyRacer
4th Gear
The antenna looks like a minature shark fin and the system itself is great. I live in a road built less than ayear ago and it has directions to my house. It has alternate routes if you would like to take an extra 5 minutes or just take in some scenery. I only used it for one day so I cannot guarantee the womans voice doesn't annoy you after a while. :smile:
The mini i used had the speedo next to the rev meter, instead of the centre to make way for the sat nav.

Old 07-30-2002, 12:48 PM
Rokk1
3rd Gear
Glad to hear that you like the Nav system. This "shark fin" antenna has me worried. I hope it doesn't ruin the lines of the S. I've never had a car talk to me, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes before the woman's voice annoys me!