Navigation & Audio No signal from central display on start up-2015 cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 11:02 PM
chrome mini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No signal from central display on start up-2015 cooper S

Does anybody have this issue and know any solutions. On start up in the morning and intermittently there after the central display read no signal. After a couple of minutes the system reboots and everything gradually works. In the meantime there is no audio function and the back up camera doesn't work. It is a safety issue because of the back up camera issue. There are posts all over you tube and the internet but almost nobody ever says what fixed the problem. Any help on this issue would be appreciated as the car is at the Mini dealer and they don't know what to do. This afternoon they said I needed a new battery which I doubt as alot of the cars with issues on the internet are pretty new cars.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Mark Sasaki
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the orange "No Signal" issue 3 days after picking up my new 2019 MCS. Initially, the unit started locking up and even the radio started sounding like a skipping record before the audio shutdown completely. I also tried restarting it, occasionally it worked but for only a little while before locking up again. Eventually, it shutdown completely. I took it to the dealer, they were super cool but I was in a loaner for 2+ weeks while they ordered a new head unit. It's been fine ever since (knock on wood) and it is 3500 miles later with no issues at all.