Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio IceLink 1.1 problem... HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Hollister
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IceLink 1.1 problem... HELP!!

Hey everyone. I installed the boot mounted IceLink in my '02 Cooper and have a problem. Whenever I play the iPod through the icelink, I get this terrible feedback like sound. Especially with acceleration (ie, when I accelerate, the noise gets louder and more pronounced.) I've disconnected and reconnected all the wires. I also called Dension and they said that a "ground loop isolator" would fix the problem. Well..it didn't. :( Anyone have any idea or suggestion? I'm really frustrated that I have spent this much money on the icelink and its essentially unusable. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:24 AM
JAKEMAX
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HollyRN76
Hey everyone. I installed the boot mounted IceLink in my '02 Cooper and have a problem. Whenever I play the iPod through the icelink, I get this terrible feedback like sound. Especially with acceleration (ie, when I accelerate, the noise gets louder and more pronounced.) I've disconnected and reconnected all the wires. I also called Dension and they said that a "ground loop isolator" would fix the problem. Well..it didn't. :( Anyone have any idea or suggestion? I'm really frustrated that I have spent this much money on the icelink and its essentially unusable. Thanks in advance.
Not familiar with the 1.1, but I was having the same problem with the Ice-link Plus, and in the setup mode of that unit there is a gain control [default setting is 4] and I cahnged it to 2. No more distortion!

Maybe post a question here and ask other people who have the 1.1 if there is a gain control on you Ice Link?