Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Aux audio and Nav system

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 05:05 AM
grendalsiii
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Cooper S 03' with the Nav system and have just picked up the aux audio adapter. I saw a brief mention of two variables involved in installing the aux adapter with Nav does anyone have any details?

thanks

Old 02-25-2004, 05:52 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Do you have HK? If you have HK, there are not one but two connectors in the back of the head unit, one will already be occupied by the input from the nav system, you can plug the Aux adapter plug into the other one.

If you don't have the HK system I believe there is only one connector on the back of the head unit, this connector will be occupied by the input from the nav system. What you will then need to do is open up both connectors and pull the wires from the connector that was in the radio (making note of what slot they came out of) and plug them into the corresponding slots on the connector for the aux adapter. It actually sounds more complicated than it really is. The slots used by the Nav system are free on the connector for the Aux adapter, so it's a simple swap. Once you've done that, just plug the connector from the Aux Adapter into the radio where the Nav system was connected.

The other variable may be the build date of your car. 2003 model year cars built before October 2002 may not work with the Aux Adapter at all. If your car was built after October 2002 you shouldn't have a problem...

BTW, this really should be over in the Audio section...

Old 02-25-2004, 10:46 AM
grendalsiii
1st Gear
Thanks,
I have the HK system-I grabbed the bull by the horns~or Car by the steering wheel-and installed the adapter. It took it perfectly. I placed the socket with the plate just beneath the rack of toggles on the slanted plastic piece. only difficulty was the thickness of the plastic. I used a unibit to carefully cut the hole to the size of the connector minus the shrinkwrap so it fit snugly then tightened it on the plate.

Thanks all who placed how-to's it was invaluable.