Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Confused: iPhone & Mini R56 LCI

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Orchid Kid
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R55JCW problem with iPod

Hello guys!

Decided to write to you as I have a problem: my iPod Classic reloads simultaneously right after I try to access it through MINIs menu.

So, I have: R55JCW TZ58007 with Visual Boost, Wired package (BT, USB, MINI Connected, Navi, Voice control), HiFi Harman Kardon. I use MINI Original Y-cable (USB, AUX).

The problem is: I plug my iPod Classic to MINI through cable. MINI finds it, iPod finds MINI (shows the MINI - device connection). But when I choose iPod from the list of Ext. Devices MINI tries to read the track, it fails and reload my iPod. Then I try the same, and the result is the same - iPod is reloaded again and again till MINI monitor reloads by itself.
When I plug in my iPhone4S, it works pretty well...

Btw, iPod and iPhone both have the latest software update.

Thanks for your support and hello from MINI People Russia Club

Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Naylia
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thought this looked like a good thread to jump into for help as I've gotten myself fairly confused with the mess of possible cables and knock-offs out there.

I have:

An iPhone 4S

A 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible with USB and Aux located underneath my window toggles. I purchased it used but my understanding is that I have the 6 Speaker Stock Stereo and Bluetooth/USB option. It has a single CD - Mini Boost CD player. My options when I push the little Audio button are: Tuner, CD, USB, and Aux.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - like a link I could click that would allow me to throw money at the screen

Old 11-13-2013, 03:47 PM
hazmatte
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Naylia
Thought this looked like a good thread to jump into for help as I've gotten myself fairly confused with the mess of possible cables and knock-offs out there.

I have:

An iPhone 4S

A 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible with USB and Aux located underneath my window toggles. I purchased it used but my understanding is that I have the 6 Speaker Stock Stereo and Bluetooth/USB option. It has a single CD - Mini Boost CD player. My options when I push the little Audio button are: Tuner, CD, USB, and Aux.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - like a link I could click that would allow me to throw money at the screen
I'm in the same boat, bought a used 2009 Mini Cooper coupe (non-S) that has stock radio with USB/Bluetooth option. Single CD. Aux In and USB ports located under window switches. Audio button displays: Tuner, CD, USB, Aux. It works great with USB flash memory sticks but only sorta works with older 5th gen iPod (plays tracks, allows steering wheel control, but shows munged song info), doesn't work at all with my old iPhone 4. I bought a Y cable off of eBay hoping it would work but it didn't change anything.

I'm wondering though, based on earlier posts, if I bought the right cable from BMW/Mini, would the iPhone 4 work?

Even more importantly... I have upgraded to an iPhone 5... is there any hope that there will be a "Lightning Y-cable" that will allow my Mini to work with the iPhone 5?

This has been driving me slightly insane ever since getting the car a few months ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated!