Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Update of Navigation system question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Lucas63
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update of Navigation system question

Been searching lots of threads on this and have bits of information but still have some questions. The current version in the Nav system is 4-1/40 which I guess is V24. I have alot of catching up to do since the latest is V32. My questions are: If I update straight to V32 do I miss out on any upgrades on previous versions? I thought I saw a thread somewhere that said that one of the updates may remove the female english voice. Can that happen?

Old 11-11-2009, 09:10 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Firmware updates are cumulative. You can jump directly to the latest version and won't miss anything.

My Nav came from the factory with UK/USA/Spanish voices selectable on the options menu. Upgrading firmware did not affect the voices. If your Nav didn't originally include British voice and you installed hacked firmware to get it, you'll probably need a hacked version of the new firmware.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Lucas63
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rkw
Firmware updates are cumulative. You can jump directly to the latest version and won't miss anything.

My Nav came from the factory with UK/USA/Spanish voices selectable on the options menu. Upgrading firmware did not affect the voices. If your Nav didn't originally include British voice and you installed hacked firmware to get it, you'll probably need a hacked version of the new firmware.

That's good to know. It will make it easier to update. The Nav came with the same voice choices as yours so that won't be a problem either. Thanks!