Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Bluetooth volume too low - iPhone 3G

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 PM
brightwhite
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem is that your stereo volume and phone volume are distinct. Next time the phone rings, before you answer, turn the volume DOWN. That will be the standard phone volume until you next adjust it. It is not related in any way to the volume of your music.

BTW, where are you seeing the volume level? My MCS doesn't show this any where.

Originally Posted by showgram
I am having the exact opposite problem. PLEASE HELP!

I can hear everything perfectly fine when I connect my iPhone via bluetooth. That's not the problem. my problem is that my ringer volume is insanely loud when a call comes in! I may be listening to music at level 5 (let's say) and the call comes in through the speakers at 15!! It's almost like a jolt alarm that has at times got me into some trouble driving.

Does anyone know how to lower the volume of the RING on the mini?

Thanks!

George

Old 10-30-2009, 04:34 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Here is what i posted in anohter thread on this exact same subject. This is how it works.

The MINI has many different controllable volume levels. Unfortunately they are all controlled by one ****.

For instance:

To change the ring volume you can change that ONLY when the ring is actually ringing int he car.

To change the Volume of the person speaking it can ONLY be adjusted when the person is speaking to you.

What happens if you do not do it this way. Then you are adjusting the master volume control and that is when things start going weird.

So to adjust the ring volume down and the callers speaking volume up you need to do the following.

1. Start car and have the radio playing at a volume that you like.

2. Have someone call you

3. While the car is ringing (not the time between rings) adjust the ring volume.

4. Now answer the phone and have the person on the other end just repeat a sentence over a couple of times. Adjust the volume while they are speaking.

Now you should have a more balanced volume.

If you turn the radio volume up and a call comes in it will now use the ring volume rather than the radio volume. And when you answer the call the system will use the Cell volume rather than the radio volume.

This is the way it is supposed to work. Now I have heard reports of people having trouble with this so you may have to try and do it a few times to get it to work properly.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 PM
yupito
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bubblehelix
Do you mean that you have trouble hearing others, or that they have trouble hearing you? I can hear the person I'm conversing with fine, but they say I sound "distant..." on the car Bluetooth.
I have the same problem and tried every solution in the forum including moving the mike to the drivers side. Today I stopped at the MINI dealership and spoke to the service manager. He said that it has now been identified that there is a software compatibility issue between the iPhone and the MINI (as well as BMW).

The solution is a new phone or a new car.