Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Treo 700wx Success.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:31 AM
Sparks
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treo 700wx Success.

I’ve been dealing with my Treo 700wx and the Mini for more than a year now. My routine consisted of – get in car, start car, hit the sport button, soft reset the Treo and motor on. If I stopped on the way home for let’s say some coffee, repeat the steps with the Treo. Pain in the **** but hey, a support tech’s job doesn’t end at 5pm, need to use the phone.

Since I took delivery of Snoze last June, I haven’t had a problem with blowing out the Bluetooth. If I didn’t reset the Treo after a few calls, well, it’d lock up the all audio controls until the Treo was reset.

Sooo…. Being he tech support nerd that I am, I started researching and tinkering. I checked out the link at the end. So here’s what I did.

What I did with my contacts: I created a new Category for my Contacts and added the contacts that I wanted transferred to the car under my new Category.

Click on the link below and install the software to the Treo, real simple install. I did my install from the Treo. Then within the Hands Free options, select your new Category to transfer.

Oh, on my phone, I don’t use the Speed dials on the Today screen so I don’t know how/if they transfer over.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...highlight=treo

I’ve been using my Treo this way for the last month and I’ve only had to reset my Treo twice since then (stoopid Windows Mobile). It’s been great, I now just hop in the car and go and don’t give second thought to it anymore.
I just wish BMW put more thought into the mobile phone design of the Mini.

I can’t take credit for this, I just followed the directions. I hope this helps a few of us that have the Treo 700w or 700wx.

Sparks

Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! There's a few others out there that use the wx too, and so far I haven't seen any problems reported with them, but no reports were for more than a couple months, at least for ones that I've seen. Good to see one that's got more than a few months working