Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio MINI OEM NAV Map with Day Time Mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 07:43 PM
uflingmini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI OEM NAV Map with Day Time Mode

Hi Guys,
Got a questions... as you know a lot of portable GPS, including Garmin show their Map in two color mode, day time, and night time mode. It helps improve the reading of the map.

Since I got my Mini, my map display has always being in the Red lines and black background regardless the time of the day. It looks just like the Night Time mode on other portable GPS. And I've thought that's the way it's designed regardless the time of day.

However! This afternoon, when I started the car up, for a split second, the map actually shows in a different color, the background was in a nice yellow street in black and other colors. It almost looks like the day time mode for other portable GPS. i can't quite determine the exact color combination because the short time period, before it switch back to the usual black background with red lines for street. But it looked great!

So my question is , is there a setting your can set the mini Map to show in Day time mode or night time mode? Or it's just I am too old and start seeing things.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you seen this more than once so far? If it's happening regularly, try to snap a photo.

This is the first I've heard of any color change on the 2nd Gen Nav system. There is no such setting in the 07 car. What version of the map disc do you have? 2008.1?