Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Bluetooth compatibility list

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:54 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like the enV2 has seen another firmware update; to VX910V06.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
marasmini
2nd Gear
HTC Fuze (Touch Pro) from AT&T works great in my 09 clubman. Pulls up the contacts as well. (The contacts are in the phone NOT the SIM)

Old 11-12-2008, 02:33 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by marasmini
HTC Fuze (Touch Pro) from AT&T works great in my 09 clubman. Pulls up the contacts as well. (The contacts are in the phone NOT the SIM)
Good news! You didn't waste any time, hmm? It's nice to get a report on the day of release

Old 11-12-2008, 04:41 PM
iceman72
3rd Gear
Too bad that touch pro isnt worth the cash. I am sending mine back this week. What a disappointment. I should have kept my mogul.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
guyver423
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm able to connect my iphone 3g to my 09 MCS, but the phonebook on the mcs is sorting by last name. i'm trying to get the mini to sync first name first, even though on my iphone is sorted first, last. ><

Old 11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by guyver423
i'm able to connect my iphone 3g to my 09 MCS, but the phonebook on the mcs is sorting by last name. i'm trying to get the mini to sync first name first, even though on my iphone is sorted first, last. ><
A Google search for "iphone 3g bluetooth address-book "last name first"" shows that you're not the only one that doesn't like it that way.

There's a post here that says going to Settings->Mail->Contacts and changing the sort order causes it to change for the iDrive in a BMW. Might work for MINIs too.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:40 PM
guyver423
2nd Gear
thanks for the reply nicknbecka

Old 11-13-2008, 12:05 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by guyver423
thanks for the reply nicknbecka
My pleasure- just found this post that says they needed to delete the phone from the MINI and repair it for the setting to take effect.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 AM
guyver423
2nd Gear
tried that already.. many times.. but I guess i'll try that tomorrow again!

Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Just bought a Katana LX (formware 1.002SP) and everything functions properly except the phonebook won't sync (anymore). It's been really quirky, but lately it won't sync at all. I noticed an earlier post that said it worked perfectly, but mine still isn't syncing the phonebook.

UPDATE: I think I've discovered that it syncs up all the way to the last person called. If I don't call anybody before trying to resync it comes up, "No entries available." If I un-sync it, call up Suzie, hang up and resync, the phonebook syncs up to, but not including, Suzie.

Last edited by bhelton; 11-14-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:54 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Hello All,

BigMiniAl kindly posted some part numbers for iPhone snap-in adapters for the standard iPhone and the 3G. They're listed for cars with and without smartphone integration, so you'll need to make sure to chose the one compatible with your car.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that these aren't all available for delivery yet- it looks like the smartphone integration versions aren't due until December, but that's an estimated date.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:41 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Just a quick non-update regarding the new Verizon BlackBerry Storm touch phone. Release date is now two days away: Friday, November 21. I have graduated from MOCD (MINI Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) while waiting for the delivery of my Clubman last June to BBSOCD (BlackBerry Storm Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) while waiting for this d*mn phone.

I plan on picking up my new Storm on Friday morning at my local Verizon Store. (They'll be glad to be rid of me, lemmie tell you) I will update all as to how well the MINI Bluetooth transplant goes shortly thereafter. I wonder what my next compulsion will be?

Hopefully, I will soon have an almost new Razr2 MINI cradle for sale!!!

Cheers,
Rich

Old 11-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Rich, let me see if I can work on that next obsession... Hmm, perhaps, the change over from rabbit ears to HD TV?

You've got a great sense of humor.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:14 PM
BRGeorge
1st Gear
Originally Posted by richs10
[snip...] to BBSOCD (BlackBerry Storm Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) while waiting for this d*mn phone.

I plan on picking up my new Storm on Friday morning at my local Verizon Store. (They'll be glad to be rid of me, lemmie tell you) I will update all as to how well the MINI Bluetooth transplant goes shortly thereafter. [...snip]
My compulsion is tempered by the need to be at work at 6:30am, so I won't be able to go to Verizon until at least 3:30pm or so. At least I am secure in the knowledge that you will have tested the waters for me, so to speak. Not sure it would stop me if the Storm's functionality is limited. Can't be much worse than with my EnV right now (no phonebook, intermittent connection drop, et cetera).

I await your Friday post with anticipation...

Old 11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Otra!
D*mn your diagnosticatory powers! (shaking my fist in the air like Jon Stewart) What I am ever gonna do about that old TV in the basement that I haven't plugged in for over 2 years??? If there is an emergency, it won't work after January whatever!!!! Oh no!!!!!!!!!!

BRGeorge: I will let you know ASAP on Friday morning. Camping out in front of the Verizon store should be a treat. I have my camp heater ready to go. My Razr2 v9m linked up to the MINI flawlessly. So I am prepared for failure.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Oxford, We Have Liftoff!

I'm happy to report that the new Verizon Blackberry Storm (Ver. 4.7.0.65) pairs up just fine with my 08 Clubman (non-Nav). Phone book transferred quickly. Old, manually-entered voice tags still work (I did not delete my old phone from the MINI yet). It does not appear, however, that pure voice dialing (w/o manually entering voice tags) works, but I just got the phone about an hour ago, so I'll let you know.

Very cool phone, too!!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Good news - perhaps this will help with "consumer spending"?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:16 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Oxford, We Have Liftoff!
Thanks! Now I'm wishing I could replace my Curve...

Old 11-22-2008, 05:43 AM
BRGeorge
1st Gear
Oxford, We Have Liftoff!
WooHoo! It only took two hours standing around in various lines to get one, and I did get one of the last ones at around 2:30 pm. Happily, the Storm sync'd easily, though I note that I have to tell the phone to pair up each time I get in and out of the car (not all that handy when running numerous errands), but I'm willing to get used to that. It works a lot better than the EnV did.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:50 AM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BRGeorge
WooHoo! It only took two hours standing around in various lines to get one, and I did get one of the last ones at around 2:30 pm. Happily, the Storm sync'd easily, though I note that I have to tell the phone to pair up each time I get in and out of the car (not all that handy when running numerous errands), but I'm willing to get used to that. It works a lot better than the EnV did.
There should be an option on your phone where you can select the MINI* device and choose "Authorize Device", or something similar. That will eliminate having to manually connect each time you get in the car. Perhaps another Storm user can post the exact steps for your phone.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:15 AM
OWG
5th Gear
... though I note that I have to tell the phone to pair up each time I get in and out of the car (not all that handy when running numerous errands), but I'm willing to get used to that. It works a lot better than the EnV did.
I found that the phone re-paired automatically.

+1 to the joys of functionality!

Old 11-22-2008, 09:18 PM
BRGeorge
1st Gear
Actually, I figured out my error. I now have it set up to sync with the MINI every time without having to do anything. It's just taking me awhile to get used to the BlackBerry, never having had one before now.

I tested the phonebook sync today. I'm happy to report that it works flawlessly for me also.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:30 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Actually, I figured out my error. I now have it set up to sync with the MINI every time without having to do anything. It's just taking me awhile to get used to the BlackBerry, never having had one before now.

I tested the phonebook sync today. I'm happy to report that it works flawlessly for me also.

BRGeorge,
I had the same thing happen the first few times. Then I noticed right after I got in the car, the Storm had a screen up asking me if it should re-connect with the MINI. Right below the question there was a check box which read "Don't ask this again". Once I checked the box, no more problems syncing up with the car.

Sounds like you got very lucky on Friday. I got out of the store with mine that morning just before Verizon's computer system crashed. That was a near miss! A lot of people are very angry that they didn't get their Storms that day.

BTW, a great place to go for tips and tricks is Crackberry.com. A lot like NAM, but for Crackberries!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:56 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Does anyone know if it is ok to charge a phone using the USB plug in the car like you charge an iPod? Both my RAZR2 and Blackberry can be charged by a micro USB cord from my computer. Any problem doing the same in the car? If so, it saves the cost of buying a charger to use in the lighter.

Thanks,
Rich

Old 11-24-2008, 10:01 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
My computer needed a driver to charge both my RAZR and Blackberry- the USB plug in the MINI shouldn't be a problem, but you might get the same warning I saw without the driver installed: that the USB plug doesn't provide enough current.

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Bluetooth compatibility list