Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Question... slightly aggravated

Old 12-23-2007, 06:10 PM
tbonecopper
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's *******s like most of you who ruin the out of dealership support system for all of us.

for reference, nothing happened to my nav system, it's approaching the first of the year and i was questioning if a new dvd had been released. why is that such a bloody imposing question?

in restrospect, the system in my car is still indeed factory, his parents paid for the replacement. it's no one's business on here what happened, as I have no legal obligation to do release that information. but there's your answer. it was replaced, it's still stock hifi... which sucks, but albeit, will be changed after the first of the year.

damn. this is one more reason I try to avoid motoring boards, for any car, EVERYONE i've seen on here is nosy, *******s, judgemental, loves starting flamewars. etc...

if this post gets me banned, then by all means, go for it. I couldn't give a ****. (edited for the sake of grammar)

NONE of you, with the exception of a96bimmer have ever helped me with anything. or given me a iota of information that was useful.

everything that leaves your fingertips is useless and mindless... causing the others to go research for ourselves.

if you post a damn solution to something, give the back story, the history, and what not, PLUS the current fix. that way the n00bs (like me) aren't asking damn questions on how to fix it and what the original problem or whatnot was. when we ask things like this, we all get flamed.

just like all of you are doing to me RIGHT NOW.

bugger off you damn *******.

Last edited by tbonecopper; 12-23-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:16 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The phrase is: I could NOT care less.

Just sayin'.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:21 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Hey tbone ... don't let the door hit you on the azz on your way out

man I have never found it harder to not insert an appropriate smiley for which we are not allowed to use on NAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bamatt; 12-23-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tbonecopper
it's *******s like most of you who ruin the out of dealership support system for all of us.
Yes, but we weren't the ones saying we planned to lie to our dealer to fraudulently get something fixed under warranty, were we?

Sounds like you're getting slightly more aggravated.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:26 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I nominate TBONE's post for Post Of The Month !!!

Hey... I'm going to post some crap about my family being PWT and how I'm going to try to steal from MINI USA and then when everyone calls me out on it, I'm going to resort to calling them names.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!

Good stuff !!!

Old 12-23-2007, 06:29 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
I sooooo hope this *oser's dealer reads NAM

Old 12-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Spend a few dollars of your own...

Here's some on eBay...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...183197676&rd=1

Cost you less than the guilt factor!

Old 12-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Kilted
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bamatt
Hey tbone ... don't let the door hit you on the azz on your way out

man I have never found it harder to not insert an appropriate smiley for which we are not allowed to use on NAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by bamatt
I sooooo hope this *oser's dealer reads NAM
You and I traded posts in this thread and even disagreed a time or two. But you are dead on hear. It sounds like he doesn't like us any more.

If he was looking for a go ahead to lie to a dealer, he came to the wrong place.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:53 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kilted
It sounds like he doesn't like us any more.
he doesn't like us anymore whatever will we do

Old 12-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
In tbone's defense, he posted a simple question (in the thread Sowellman linked), and got a smartass response. IMO it's fine to pillory him here given the subject matter, but referring to this in an unrelated thread is not really called for.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:03 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Running out of options after ruining the IN dealership support system for yourself?

in restrospect, the system in my car is still indeed factory, his parents paid for the replacement. it's no one's business on here what happened, as I have no legal obligation to do release that information. but there's your answer. it was replaced, it's still stock hifi... which sucks, but albeit, will be changed after the first of the year.
To be fair, it's not like we were being nosy and sticking our noses into your business. You DID start a post telling everyone you were frustrated, and seeking input.

EVERYONE i've seen on here is nosy, *******s, judgemental, loves starting flamewars. etc...
Translation: "My posts didn't work out as I had planned, and now I must save face with blanket statements criticizing the very community that I sought out help and advise from initially. "

You seem to have had no problem asking question after question about audio upgrades earlier... Perhaps the other online Mini message boards will be more helpful. Have you tried Mini2? They also speak British quite well.

if this post gets me banned, then by all means, go for it. I couldn't give a ****. (edited for the sake of grammar)

NONE of you, with the exception of a96bimmer have ever helped me with anything. or given me a iota of information that was useful.

everything that leaves your fingertips is useless and mindless... causing the others to go research for ourselves.
All the "others" raise your hand!

No? No one? Oh, right, you've all run into the arms of...?

Did the library get a "Mini Cooper" section and I missed it?

if you post a damn solution to something, give the back story, the history, and what not, PLUS the current fix. that way the n00bs (like me) aren't asking damn questions on how to fix it and what the original problem or whatnot was. when we ask things like this, we all get flamed.
What is this referring to, exactly? What problem do you need the entire casefile reposted for. And more importantly, for someone so in-touch with how these message boards run (at least, considering how you have passed judgement on us en masse), you seem very out of touch with the search feature. I'd explain but i don't feel up to giving the back story, the history, and what not, PLUS the typing and entering stuff. n00bs will be n00bs.

just like all of you are doing to me RIGHT NOW.

bugger off you damn *******.
Boy, for people you have little regard for, you sure take the things we say seriously. I recommend your next cup of tea be decaf. Best of luck with your Nav system question. If you have cut out the dealership and NAM from your help network, I recommend you visit Lucille Van Pelt. She gives advice for 5 cents and is slightly less judgemental. Maybe.

Or, you might look at the boards and realize that maybe, just maybe, the problem here is YOU and rather than trying to "win" this and stand on some nonexistant moral high ground... well, I'd go one but I'm just a damn ****** and I am off to bugger off... Again, best of luck.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:05 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Eric_Rowland
In tbone's defense, he posted a simple question (in the thread Sowellman linked), and got a smartass response. IMO it's fine to pillory him here given the subject matter, but referring to this in an unrelated thread is not really called for.
I agree... my impression was the question posted about the Nav was undeserving of the response it got. A pity he decided to attack the entire community because of it, as I didn't feel that strongly about him or his speaker incident until he decided to declare all of us essentially worthless...

Old 12-24-2007, 11:43 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
He sounds bitter.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
jriley
1st Gear
Kick his *** and get it replaced with a nicer system!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:40 AM
miniphatty
4th Gear
I thought i was bad at resurrecting dead threads

Old 02-15-2008, 01:22 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Deleted, saw page 3.

Last edited by daffodildeb; 02-15-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
ANT818
3rd Gear
I think you should take some of the blame. Why didn't you buy him a stinkin snow globe? Don't you know how much he looks up to you??