Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Question... slightly aggravated

Old 12-09-2007, 04:00 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am curious as to why no mention of the little turd's parents has been made by the OP. Have they not commented or attempted to take responsibility for what their child did?

Old 12-09-2007, 04:47 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think that was covered back in the third post, unfortunately.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:55 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
I saw that the OP said the turd's family definitely wasn't gonna pay for it. I just never heard if the OP actually asked them to or if it was just an assumption. If it was me they would pay for it either willingly or thru the court system plus court costs & lawyer fees but that's just me

p.s... wouldn't it be kinda funny if someone from the Jacksonville dealership was reading this thread... just sayin...

Old 12-09-2007, 04:56 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
You need:

Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Kilted
2nd Gear
I am sorry to hear what happened to you. I must agree with others in suggesting you get the police involved. You do this child or yourself no favors by letting him off the hook and taking the damage all on yourself. This may be the first time he has ever had to face responsiblity for his actions. What should you do? fix your car (don't try the warrenty route). Then have the child work off the cost (yardwork, painting, whatever) under you or your parents supervision. Don't allow the parents of the child even if they wish, to buy him out of trouble. Does this fix your car NO, but it may salvage young child before its to late.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Roeri
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
You need:

Old 12-09-2007, 06:15 PM
R56
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
If you request that dealer should cover this under the warranty you are no better than the kid that punched the holes.
TOTALLY AGREE. It must run in the family. Two of the same.

And I might add--pretty dumb post to ask that here.

SHAME on you both, bud.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:21 PM
R56
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bamatt
I am curious as to why no mention of the little turd's parents has been made by the OP. Have they not commented or attempted to take responsibility for what their child did?
What about the TURD's idea of lying to the dealer?

Make that TWO TURDS.... Turd 1 & Turd 2.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:40 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I'd tell the parents that I'm gonna call the cops because your car was vandalized (by him) while the car was left in their care, same as if he and his pals bashed in some windows of somebody's car across the street. And I'd do it too if they didn't fix it. They'll slap his hand but he'd get a little mark on his record. If that's OK with them it would be OK with me too. And remember if you are "caught" by Mini misrepresenting a warranty issue (ie if they catch you lying) then your entire warranty will be null and void. Consider that before you tell them the speakers are crap and they find little holes in all of them that could only have been caused by a person.

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 12-10-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Birdman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL!!!!!!

After KILLING the kid, I would get some nice speakers like Kappa's or something, and have them installed. FORGET the mini speakers, they are horrible to start with. In some ways, the kid did you a favor.

Originally Posted by MLWagner79
You need:

Old 12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Weird... if you do a "find all posts" from the OP, they almost all focus on upgrades to the audio system. Wonky.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:40 PM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The fun part about taking them on Judge Judy (or any of the other 30 or so judge shows on TV these days) is that you get to embarrass them on nat TV, plus you get paid. The down side is, the perps don't actually pay you, the show does.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:59 AM
oldopelguy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jmelrose
Weird... if you do a "find all posts" from the OP, they almost all focus on upgrades to the audio system. Wonky.
You know, that does bring up an interesting puzzle: Several posts about how bad the stock system is and then suddenly this nephew is destroying his speakers with a hat pin and he wants Mini to replace them. Almost makes you wonder if there even is a nephew....

Old 12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
regardless of if the kid gets his butt-whooping like he deserves, use this as a great reason to replace the stock with good speakers. Get an estimate from the dealer for replacing the speakers and present it to his parents.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Kilted
2nd Gear
Is it not sad that the only real advice being given is to upgrade speakers, bill the parents and beat the kid.

As far as the warranty question. Are you kidding me, you wish to try and have this covered by warranty and you also drive a Range Rover.

The damage is done, deal with it. Not trying to teach the child a lesson that will last a lifetime is foolish. He obviously gets nothing at home, maybe teaching a 14 year old CHILD how to behave and take responsiblity for his actions will actually bring about change. Refer to my earlier post.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:33 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kilted
Is it not sad that the only real advice being given is to upgrade speakers, bill the parents and beat the kid.

As far as the warranty question. Are you kidding me, you wish to try and have this covered by warranty and you also drive a Range Rover.

The damage is done, deal with it. Not trying to teach the child a lesson that will last a lifetime is foolish. He obviously gets nothing at home, maybe teaching a 14 year old CHILD how to behave and take responsiblity for his actions will actually bring about change. Refer to my earlier post.
So if I take a sledgehammer to your MINI can I assume that you will not expect me to pay for the damages & you will just "deal with it" cause the damage is done

Old 12-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Kilted
2nd Gear
One thing age gives you, perspective. Don't get me wrong I've built streetrods for 25 years and along with my Mini I still own a 55 Chevy Belair. Cars have been a very large part of my life. But, in the end its a car, a fast one, a sharpe looking one, a headturner, A CAR.

At the end of the day, yes "deal with it". In the end, which is more important ? A Mini that be repaired or a Child that may really need help and guidence. You tell me!

By the way, try reading my 2 earlier posts before jumping to conclusions. You and not your parents would pay.

Last edited by Kilted; 12-11-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kilted
One thing age gives you, perspective. Don't get me wrong I've built streetrods for 25 years and along with my Mini I still own a 55 Chevy Belair. Cars have been a very large part of my life. But, in the end its a car, a fast one, a sharpe looking one, a headturner, A CAR.

At the end of the day, yes "deal with it". In the end, which is more important ? A Mini that be repaired or a Child that may really need help and guidence. You tell me!

By the way, try reading my 2 earlier posts before jumping to conclusions. You and not your parents would pay.
Actually your posts were very contradictory & didn't make much sense plus I noticed that you picked & chose what some had said & lumped it into the "here's what everybody said" category.

You can deal with it however you want but if anybody damages my MINI or property & is caught, they will pay for it unless they are underage. If underage their parents will pay for it. I don't "deal with it" using my pocketbook unless I am at fault

Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Kilted
2nd Gear
I don't think making the child take responsibilty for his actions and then actually seeing if you can be of help to the child (who is under age)is confusing at all. It is easy to just try and nail the parents and walk away, but his original post says this is his aunts son. I would hope that after calling the police (and yes scaring the crap out of the child) that fences could be mended. We don't disagree on one major item, "take resposibility for your actions". We just disagree on were the $ comes from and what to do next.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
tbonecooper hasn't posted to NAM since the 9th. We may have chased him off with our scolding.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
purplefenderman
1st Gear
Thats totally lame

You should go after the kid with that needle and see how he likes it. Children are worthless and I weep for the future if these turds are in control of it.

remember pulp fiction? nothing's more chickens*** than F***ing with a man's automobile...

Some Light reading for those with kids:
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

Old 12-13-2007, 05:24 PM
miniphatty
4th Gear
Not to hijack the thread but I've been gone away from these forums for way too long - these kinda threads and the Birdman Nav thread should make for fun reading for tonight.

purplefenderman: There's no need to generalize :-). I usually blame the upbringing for the result of the upbringing. The child wasn't born a jackass/spoiled brat/turdlike - it's the child's parents ubringing (or lack of it) that resulted in an irresponsible 14 year old here. Can't smack kids here but where i come from, that would have grounds for serious punishment but eh where i come from, kids are far less spoiled ;-)

Old 12-13-2007, 06:18 PM
miniphatty
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Sowellman
I agree. And if you want to report it on homeowner's coverage, I'm sure your insurance company would be glad to call the police and have it handled as a criminal matter. They're not going to want to pay off without seeking compensation from the responsible party.

I'm surprised at the lack of responsibility by the juvenile delinquent's family. Where are the parents to not offer to pay for the damage and make it right? And why isn't the OP demanding such?

It's equally irresponsible and dishonest to expect the dealer to cover that as a warranty item. That's a wonderful lesson for the teenager, too: Blame it on something else and let someone else be the chump to pay for it.
Sowellman, you just went up 4000 places on my list . Good reply

Old 12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
miniphatty
4th Gear
True

Old 12-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
He switched to the nav system:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...=1#post1942693

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Question... slightly aggravated