MTH Discussion (Archive) Have or interested in MTH software upgrades for your MINI? This is the place! Sponsored by MTH.

My MTH experience...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 08:04 PM
ekim
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Don's service from http://www.precision-mini.com has been great. I purchased the tuner file & cable, emailed my file the end of last week and received my tuner file today, Monday 8/7. It's a very good tune and a smoothness that was lacking in my street driving. I'm a very satisfied customer of both product & service. Precision-Mini is "the" place in the US to get your MTH Tuner file period.
Mike Gianlorenzo

Old 08-10-2006, 06:01 AM
dmh
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This statement in a post by ezrider is fallacious:
"...I finally got an email from Darren saying that the new Dealer software was so good that they were afraid to tweak it because they didn't want to mess up a good thing."

What MTH tried communicate to ezrider was that MTH could not offer him an update at this time because he already had the latest, proven MTH software, and to play guessing games with the A/F mixtures would be irresponsible. We asked to have the file returned so we could simply try to smooth out the engine management.

It is always our intention to please our customers and remarks like the above are unjust.

Last edited by dmh; 08-10-2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:20 AM
ezrider
1st Gear
My interpretation was wrong

I received email from Darren correcting my erroneous impression of what he had written to me. As Don has noted, he was referring to the latest MTH Tuner file for my car, not that the dealer software was as good as MTH could get it. I promised to correct my post here on NAM. What Darren actually wrote to me was:

"Hello Michael,
we cannot offer you any update at this time. You already have the latest proven software, and to play guessing games with the A/F mixtures would be irresponsible and certainly too risky.

Please send us your latest .mth file, we will see if we can smoothen it out for you, however we cannot promise.

All the best!
Darren"

Darren in fact did send yesterday a new MTH file with the same version number as before, but now based upon the new dealer SW which is much improved.

I have not yet installed it, but I did do a FileCompare of the two files (the first MTH v7t and the 2nd MTH v7t based on the new dealer SW) and they are completely different.

We'll see this weekend how the new file works for me.

Sorry for casting false aspersions, it was my error in interpretation.

EZrider
michael

Old 08-10-2006, 10:26 AM
dmh
Former Vendor
Thank you for the above post.