Sprint Booster Test drives at MITM & MTTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:32 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Sprint Booster Test drives at MITM & MTTS

Way Motor Works will be attending MINI's in the Mountains and MINI Takes the States next week. So with the HUGE debate over the Sprint Booster and those who like it and those that think it's a joke, and some just don't need it. We decided that we will have several Sprint Boosters on Hand and will install it in your car and let you drive it and decide for yourself, and do it for FREE. No obligation to buy, just want to let everyone form their own opinion.

If you know for sure you want to do this, please email us at info@waymotorworks.com with Sprint booster trial in the title.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 PM
sjino
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed MITM this year, but I'm curious to hear impressions from those who test drove the Booster-equipped cars. What did you think, pro or con?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:14 PM
motodad307
1st Gear
Thumbs up

I added a Sprint Booster to my Clubman S and can notice a big difference. It changes where the throttle responds. If you have to push halfway down to get out and pass, you only go about a quarter of the way on green and just touch the throttle on red.

I got used to the green and accidentally turned it off. When I went to back out of a space and take off I thought something was wrong with the car. Had to really move the pedal for any response.

On red it will break the tires loose on my automatic on takeoff. Sometimes on green too.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:52 PM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
I did this test with Way and I will attest. I could not imagine doing the Dragon and all of the Colorado mountains without it now. I love my sprint booster and would highly suggest it.

It also fills that empty hole in my toggle switches. (I have an Aesthetic Creations "Dont Panic" sticker above it. )

Throttle response and overall pickup has really improved. Way had me drive it with it off, level out at 30 or so, turn it on setting one (nice noticeable kick) and then on to level 2 (less noticeable kick, but felt in acceleration).

Message me if you need more testimony

Old 08-30-2010, 02:23 PM
sjino
1st Gear
Thank you for the replies. I'm really curious about the Booster now, and wish I could have made it to MITM this year. (There were other things going on that weekend, and my wife and I had just made an overnight trip to Winter Park and Grand Lake a few weeks earlier.)

We plan to go next year, and especially if Way will be back with more demos.

Thanks again.
Steve