MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2006 MINI Cooper S John Cooper Works JCW Aero LOW 43k Lounge Leather!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 12:37 PM
ghinesley
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 MINI Cooper S John Cooper Works JCW Aero LOW 43k Lounge Leather!

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $12000
Mileage: 43977
Color: British Racing Green
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest

Selling on behalf of a client - 2006 MINI Cooper S John Cooper Works (JCW) hatchback with only 43k miles. British Racing Green metallic over Black English Lounge leather seats. 6 speed manual, 1.6L supercharged engine, limited slip differential, power panoramic sunroof, xenon headlamps, JCW aerodynamics body kit, rain sensing wipers, rally lights, harman/kardon audio, automatic climate control, and much more. Clean Oregon title, Clean CARFAX, good tags, comes with 1 key, owners manual set, and MINI-dealer service records since new. Recent oil service, and new tires. $12,000. Located in Portland, Oregon. Call/text 503.939.5569 or PM.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Noonzio
5th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 103 Posts
Great looking car!

Old 12-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Used car dealer post fyi

Old 12-07-2018, 02:13 PM
ghinesley
2nd Gear
I own a car dealership, but have been a MINI owner since 2005 (have an 06 JCW Cabrio myself). This is my friend and fellow mini enthusiast (they own multiple MINIs), and he asked me to sell it on his behalf.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Ivan The Terrible
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why are you advertising it as a JCW edition when it's not? Yes, it has some add on JCW parts, but it's not a factory JCW. A factory JCW would have the JCW serial number plaque on the engine where the stock black and white MINI logo is.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Noonzio
5th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivan The Terrible
Why are you advertising it as a JCW edition when it's not? Yes, it has some add on JCW parts, but it's not a factory JCW. A factory JCW would have the JCW serial number plaque on the engine where the stock black and white MINI logo is.
Why didn't you run a VIN report before you chimed in with such a stupid comment - a VIN decoder lists it as a factory JCW

The following users liked this post:
ghinesley (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Ivan The Terrible
1st Gear
My apologies if my comment was incorrect. Maybe they made JCW editions without a serial number plaque, but that would seem odd. Maybe someone else can clarify. What website did you use to decode the VIN?

Old 12-10-2018, 01:34 PM
ghinesley
2nd Gear
VIN is factory JCW. Possible that this car had a valve cover replaced....you cannot get a VC with JCW Label and serial number any more to my knowledge (I asked about this with my local MINI dealer).

Old 12-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Ivan The Terrible
1st Gear
I'm not bringing up the issue to be a jerk...I'm actually interested in the car and as such I noticed two things: 1) the missing JCW serial number plaque and 2) the aftermarket front calipers. If the explanation for the missing JCW plaque is that the valve cover was replaced then I would have to ask why a car with only 43,000 miles on it needed a valve cover replaced, and also why the JCW plaque was not saved? The second issue is why a low millage car would need the front calipers replaced if it already had JCW front calipers? The only reason would be if you wanted front brakes that were even bigger than the JCW ones, but the ones that were installed don't look any bigger. Maybe you can investigate and clarify these observations.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:04 PM
ghinesley
2nd Gear
Your comment about the JCW stuff, without doing your homework on the VIN, did seem pretty inconsiderate. I am glad someone addressed the VIN specific JCW kit before I could. As far as the VC being replaced, I do not know, it was the only reason I could think it wouldn't have the JCW label on it. Who knows, maybe a clumsy tech at the dealership broke it doing a VC gasket job, I don't know, and the current owner doesn't know as the car was purchased this way. As far as front brakes, the car was purchased this way too. I know when I was in the MINI Club in the late 2000's, there were people that had bought JCW cars and changed out brakes for numerous reasons. The current owner doesn't have any information on the swap for front brakes. I have seen JCW brakes offered on Facebook MINI threads, so they are easy to find if you want to put them back on.....

Old 12-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Ivan The Terrible
1st Gear
Where can you do a VIN lookup these days? The only website I knew of was http://myminivin.com and it doesn't work anymore.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:31 PM
ghinesley
2nd Gear
Old 12-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I remember this car.

I believe the original owner was apart of socal mini maniacs. I cant recall his name or handle on here. Doubtful hes still even active on here.

The brakes are actually bigger than the JCW kit and have two piece rotors.

Don't hold me to this, but I remember he was apart of some sort of R&D for a BBK on the R53 and he got the kit for cheap or free for them using his car.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:29 PM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Wow imagine that, a MINI that needed a new valve cover. What's next, a MINI that needs new tires? All kidding aside did first gens suffer from the same valve cover problems as the second gens?

Old 12-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Goldsmithy
MINI Alliance Ambassador
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Good luck with your sale. I hope you do well even with all the imperfections I can see in the body. It is a shame that MINIs are not considered a collectible car except among enthusiasts.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:54 PM
burley
6th Gear
Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by I like mini clubman's
Wow imagine that, a MINI that needed a new valve cover. What's next, a MINI that needs new tires? All kidding aside did first gens suffer from the same valve cover problems as the second gens?
No. I've owned 6 minis over a 12 year span.. I've never had an issue or even read a single post about valve cover leaks. Its not really a thing.

I dont really like it when people chime in and tank other folks' "for sale" threads, but I think he was just looking out for the rest of us.. A valve cover replacement sounds kind of weird, especially for the milage. Not impossible. A valve cover with a serial would be a must for a JCW, but if the vin comes back as a factory JCW, that would be enough for me. For whatever reason when I enter the vin on all the Mini decoder sites, it comes back invalid vin. Anyone else?

Am I entering the vin wrong? WMWRE33576TN28110 It doesn't work on www.miminivin.com or a few others.. I see it comes back as a JCW on Mdecoder.com, which I've never heard of.

-Looks like a JCW to me
-Aero kit
-Nice condition
-LSD
-Best year (hard top)
-English Leather!
-Well optioned
-Low miles

Its not my first choice of color, but there aren't too many of these floating around these days. If this was blue, I'd make an offer. Very nice Cooper, good luck.

Last edited by burley; 12-10-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Cincy_jro (12-14-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Ivan The Terrible
1st Gear
Originally Posted by I like mini clubman's
Really? You would drop $12g and not wonder why a car with only 43,000 miles needed a valve cover or gasket replaced? You're much braver than I am. I've never heard of a valve cover problem on low mileage 1st gens.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Ivan The Terrible
1st Gear
I wasn't trying to tank the sale...I was just asking questions that any used car buyer would ask about this vehicle. I saw the pictures and was interested in buying the car. I have a 2006 R52 JCW and am now looking for a hardtop also. I ran across the engine bay pic and naturally wondered why the JCW plaque was missing...wouldn't anyone? If the reason was a valve cover or gasket replacement then you have to ask why at 43,000 miles. Then I saw the brakes and also wondered why drop that amount of cash on new rotors and calipers at 43,000 miles? These two things combined would make you wonder if the car was tracked hard or something. If the answer to the brakes is that they were given to the previous owner then that at least puts that issue to rest, but naturally you'd want to verify that.

Cincy_jro (12-14-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 06:31 PM
mcaanda
3rd Gear
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Here's a site I found that still works:

http://bimmer.work/vin/17a321e2e573c...69a3fb7d09853/

Old 12-14-2018, 06:02 AM
BoostedBlueToyotas
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Got this from
https://decoder.bvzine.com/

Vehicle information

VIN WMWRE33576TN28110
Type Code RE33
E Series R53 ()
Series M
Type COUPE
Model COOPER S (USA)
Steering LL
Doors 3
Engine W11
Displacement 1.60
Power 125
Drive FRONT
Transmission MECH
Colour BRITISH RACING GREEN METALLIC 5 (A67)
Upholstery LEDER ENGLISH/PANTHER SCHWARZ (LNPN)
Prod Date 2006-10-18

Available upgrades

Rear view camera Check compatibility
Spare/replacement key fob Check compatibility
Smartphone mirroring Check compatibility
Additional iDrive features Check compatibility

Vehicle options

S1CAA Selection of COP relevant vehicles
S210A Dynamic stability control
S228A Sports suspension settings Plus
S249A Multifunction f steering wheel
S255A Sports leather steering wheel
S262A ITS - Head airbag
S2TAA Differential lock 25%
S327A Hood stripe, white
S369A MINI LA wheel, S-spoke 85
S382A Roof and mirror caps, white
S3ALA John Cooper Works Kit
S403A Glass roof, electrical
S429A Interior surface, anthracite
S441A Smoker package
S450A Height adjustment, passenger seat
S470A Isofix-System
S481A Sports seat
S493A Storage compartment package
S520A Fog lights
S521A Rain sensor
S522A Xenon Light
S534A Automatic air conditioning
S546A Revolution counter
S550A On-board computer
S563A Light package
S645A BMW US Radio
S650A CD player
S657A Radio, BMW Business/MINI Boost
S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
S692A Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus
S736A 2nd radio remote control key
S823A Hot-climate version
S845A Acoustic belt warning
S853A Language version English
S876A Radio frequency 315 MHz
S895A Additional fan
S8SPA Control unit COP
S925A Dummy-SALAPA
S992A Control of number-plate attachment

Old 12-14-2018, 06:23 AM
Cincy_jro
5th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
The brakes are understandable. If you look at them they are obviously an upgrade over the standard JCW brake setup for R53 (appear to be early TSW brake kit?). The rotors are 2 piece design and the calipers are 4 piston.

My only concern here is as most have stated... where it the JCW serial badge? If the VC was replaced the badge is easily removable to transfer over to the new cover. Was the VC replaced or was a full head job done? I don't hear much of VC leaks on R53 but I HAVE heard a lot of people with blown plugs due to improper torquing. I had this happen to me and a helicoil didn't work and wouldn't seal up properly enough to maintain compression. I had to replace the head.

Now if someone replace the head with another R53 it's possible this doesn't have the JCW head which would mean it doesn't have the port & polish of the JCW model head.

It'll be hard to tell a difference just looking at it. This MINI would possibly be worth the asking price if it had the true JCW head with the serial badge.

Also, where is the second key? "S736A 2nd radio remote control key"

GLWS! No matter what it's a low mileage, well optioned MINI and a great color!

Last edited by Cincy_jro; 12-14-2018 at 06:29 AM.
burley (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 12:48 PM
burley
6th Gear
Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Cincy_jro
Now if someone replace the head with another R53 it's possible this doesn't have the JCW head which would mean it doesn't have the port & polish of the JCW model head.

It'll be hard to tell a difference just looking at it. This MINI would possibly be worth the asking price if it had the true JCW head with the serial badge.

Also, where is the second key? "S736A 2nd radio remote control key"

GLWS! No matter what it's a low mileage, well optioned MINI and a great color!
Would the car run correctly with the JCW software and the wrong head?

Old 12-20-2018, 03:13 PM
ghinesley
2nd Gear
REGARDING VALVE COVER - Here is what I found - 36525 miles/May 21 2013 at MINI IRVINE in California - During complimentary inspection, valve cover and oil pan gasket leaks present. Dealer repaired these leaks with new gaskets at total repair of $1335.40. 39676 miles/January 28 2016 at MINI Portland in Oregon, MINI came in for recall campaign. Dealer found VC gasket leaking. "Upon installing new gasket, found the valve cover cracked on back side due to previous tech installing bolts that are too long for mounting ignition coil. New VC quoted and repair authorized by owner." Total of $921.32. This is why the JCW VC is not on the car, there is no way to get JCW Serial VC from MINI anymore (already confirmed with MINI Portland). This is a FACTORY BUILT JCW...however, $%W#heads at dealerships messed this up, and it is very unfortunate.

Either way, the owner has decided to keep the car, so it has been removed from sale. Thanks everyone for the comments....if you are still interested in the car, perhaps message me privately, and I can connect you with the owner.

Old 11-24-2020, 10:31 PM
ghinesley
2nd Gear
This car was sold a while ago now. Sorry for not updating this post.