MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

FS:: Tractive 6300e Active Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 06:42 AM
TazMinianDevil
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tractive 6300e Active Suspension

Category: Suspension
Price: $3500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R56, R58
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

Want an active suspension like the new Mini's have but rather keep your current Mini? I've got a deal for you!

Custom* built Tractive 6300e smart adaptive suspension. Includes Vorshlag camber plates, rear AST solid top mounts, and adjustable end links.

Only has 1500 miles on the suspension, so a solid 18-22,000 miles before you even need to think about a rebuild.

Has Hypercoil linear springs (450# front, #400 rear **Springs spec'd for Mini Coupe), inverted strut design, and 3-way remote reservoirs. What makes it smart and adaptive is that the dampening can be controlled from inside the cabin via a small control box. Not only that, but the system has a brain box that can dial out yaw and pitch!! All this can be done on the fly while driving!!!

http://www.tractivesuspension.com/el...justments.html

Before I sold my Mini I had stock sport, koni yellows with swift sprints, Billstein PSS 10s, Ohlins and then this Tractive setup. The Tractive setup rides like sport on the mildest settings and can go road race firm. Oh and you can dial out all the nose dive on hard braking too.

I've been told that an R53 can use this setup by just changing out the top mounts. If I don't get my price for this, I may just sit on them and build up a crap can R53 in a few years.

Tractive makes suspension for big boy road racers and you can't find anything more high-tech or better built.

*This was custom built for me, so you can't find specs online. For serious buyers, I will send you my original invoice if you want more info.

Attached Thumbnails Tractive 6300e Active Suspension-tractive.jpg   Tractive 6300e Active Suspension-tractive3.jpg   Tractive 6300e Active Suspension-tractive4.jpg   Tractive 6300e Active Suspension-tractive5.jpg  
Old 07-24-2016, 06:46 AM
TazMinianDevil
4th Gear
Any concerns about install... it's not that bad. If you've done any stereo installs, you've got the skills for the electronic bits. You will need to drill a hole in rear mounting section to fish the adjustment wires through, but many guys do this for easier adjustments of standard coilovers.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:56 AM
TazMinianDevil
4th Gear
I've received a couple questions about what makes this setup so great. It really comes down to several things:
1) You can adjust the dampening from inside the car, on the fly at anytime.
2) There is a brainbox that has an accelerometer and gyroscope. This allows several tricks.
a) The baseline can be calibrated after you make major weight changes or corner balance the car.
b) The amount of pitch (front to back) and yaw(side to side) movement "allowed" can be dialed in on the fly as well. This means you can really control the weight transfer of the car. On the track people thought it was a RWD car since it was so balanced.
3) They are inverted struts, so the wheel assembly is carrying significantly less weight.
4) They are 3-way adjustable, that means you can dial out road chatter.

I'm willing to budge a bit on the price. So those eye balling Ohlins or ASTs, make an offer via PM.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:49 PM
sarom058
5th Gear
Location: Portland, OR *currently in a temporary email address
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

This is the sexiest suspension I've ever seen. If only it wasn't twice as expensive as my MINI...

Old 08-04-2016, 04:20 PM
TazMinianDevil
4th Gear
Still for sale. Will entertain reasonable offers.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:47 PM
TazMinianDevil
4th Gear
For those wondering, I have the contact info for the company in Plano TX that can rebuild and service this setup. No fear about buying a setup that isn't supported and repairable.