MINI Collectibles Discuss new finds and organize trades of MINI collectibles.

MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking about doing some floating shelves too but I want to have checkerboard graphics put on them. I'm looking into some acrylic cases for the 1:87, 1:72 and 1:43 sizes. And I'm thinking about getting one of those "neon" MINI lights on ebay as a centerpiece for it all.

Originally Posted by Smokey
Red - I don't dare count When that UK auction was running my wife asked me what I thought my collection was worth and how many I had.......I did the convenient hearing loss thing and ask, "Huh, what was that honey?" She said never mind! That was a scary moment!

Bobbie - Oh yeah the room is mine! Of course that means I have to dust

The bookcases were expanded to 3 and the shelves multiplied out to 5. I'm in the process of rearranging everything. A friend gave me a 5' floating shelf that now has some of the 1:18th scale cars on it, which freed up space on the bookcase for the Corgis. I'm looking to get rid of the bookcases and do all shelves, but wow are they proud of those floating shelves!

I've sorted all of them and placed the doubles in the vault. I still have those 1:9th Big Lots RC cars boxed up, but it's easier to store them that way. I'll have to update the photos one of these days.

Off to hunt for more

Old 07-27-2007, 11:21 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
By the way, I still need the dirty blue and clean red Italian Job JL MINIs. If anyone has extras of those please let me know. Thanks!

Old 07-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
Morning Folks

Found the Austin Minis yesterday, but still no luck with the Super Chromes at the local Targets. Looks like middle of the week is their restock day.........shelves were bare

Just a heads up the Best o British are starting to hit the eBay market from US sellers. I picked up 2 last night for $2.99 each on a BIN auction.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
Morning Folks

Found the Austin Minis yesterday, but still no luck with the Super Chromes at the local Targets. Looks like middle of the week is their restock day.........shelves were bare

Just a heads up the Best o British are starting to hit the eBay market from US sellers. I picked up 2 last night for $2.99 each on a BIN auction.
I haven't found either of the new MINIs. Are the Super Chromes only available at Target? With my luck they are, since I live 50 miles from the closest Target and haven't had the time to drive there.

I do have two other items enroute and will post pics when they arrive.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
Jack, I just checked and the only extra Italian Job I have is a clean blue(couldn't remember if it was red or blue). I'm looking for the dirty red and dirty blue myself.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
I live by a few different Targets. I'll check if I run by any today and post here if I come across any.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:31 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jack,

Are you looking for the Clean Red IJ MINI with the silver or black bottom?

I have an extra full set of the silver bottom IJ MINIs, but the red card is pretty beat up (picked it up off of ebay as part of a mix/match set). I'd like to keep the set together, but don't mind breaking it up if you or any one of my diecast friends need it.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:37 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Morning Folks

I haven't been able to find any more MB Austin Minis, and I still haven't had any luck with the Super Chrome.

I was looking at that BIN auction, but decided to wait - I'm pacing my ebay purchases for when I have dry local searches. I realize that car won't be in any of my stores, but I've been having a good run with other cars.

I'm glad you were able to pick them up.

BTW, I discovered a HW super store at my local flea market. They didn't have many Minis, but she swore she had a ton in storage. I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if she found any.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:39 AM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Morning Folks

is there one with my name on it? I have also hit about 20 Targets in the last 2 weeks and nada. and the best o the british. there is only 1000 cases coming to the us. and only high priced hobby stores are going to get them. that's why I got mine off of ebay. and Smokey you do know the minute you send my one of the austin MINI that Howie will find it. it happened the last time lol.

Bobbie

Old 07-28-2007, 09:51 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BOBBIEJ
I have also hit about 20 Targets in the last 2 weeks
You guys need to get somebody on the inside at these stores to keep watch for ya.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:16 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
You guys need to get somebody on the inside at these stores to keep watch for ya.
Half the fun is the hunt.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mishka
Are the Super Chromes only available at Target?
Yes, the tricky devils did an exclusive on us I've found a few 5 or 6 of the other releases hanging on the hook, but none of the Minis.........yet

Originally Posted by dickdavid
I'm glad you were able to pick them up.
Thanks, I normally like the hunt also and have let a few UK auctions slip through saying, "l can wait" or "you want what to ship it?"

BTW, I discovered a HW super store at my local flea market. They didn't have many Minis, but she swore she had a ton in storage. I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if she found any.
I like those places I can even walk through all the other tables of used clothes and tools if I know there is something waiting at the end

Originally Posted by BOBBIEJ
is there one with my name on it? Smokey you do know the minute you send my one of the austin MINI that Howie will find it. it happened the last time lol.
It's in your pile with another one that just came. You do like ones a little larger don't you? I'll pm you the info once I get to work tonight

Half the fun is the hunt.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:15 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Jack, I just checked and the only extra Italian Job I have is a clean blue(couldn't remember if it was red or blue). I'm looking for the dirty red and dirty blue myself.
This whole conversation just makes me feel so dirty!

You sent me my first two Italian Job MINIs, the clean blue and white. I picked up the dirty blue and white on ebay for a good price. I see them on there from time to time but with shipping they get pretty pricey. But I'll be on the lookout for two dirty red ones now (one for me and one for you) and a dirty blue.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:19 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
All my Italian Jobs are black bottom. I didn't even know they came with silver bottoms. Thanks for the offer Richard, but I don't want you to break up a set. I'll get these eventually. Like the song says, "I get by with a little help from my friends."

Jack,

Are you looking for the Clean Red IJ MINI with the silver or black bottom?

I have an extra full set of the silver bottom IJ MINIs, but the red card is pretty beat up (picked it up off of ebay as part of a mix/match set). I'd like to keep the set together, but don't mind breaking it up if you or any one of my diecast friends need it.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:29 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Mishka: A complete set of dirty ones is available for $4.99 each on ebay right now.

Dirty Red

Dirty White

Dirty Blue

Old 07-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Scoped out my nearest Target today for you guys. There were only three Super Chomes left and none were Minis. I'll keep my eye out as the son has birthday money burning a hole in his pocket and he's wanting to shop until he finds something to spend it on this week. I'll post any if I come across them and I'll send them to first return PMers, car cost plus First Class USPS shipping of course.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini S Pilot
Scoped out my nearest Target today for you guys. There were only three Super Chomes left and none were Minis. I'll keep my eye out as the son has birthday money burning a hole in his pocket and he's wanting to shop until he finds something to spend it on this week. I'll post any if I come across them and I'll send them to first return PMers, car cost plus First Class USPS shipping of course.
That's the MINI Spirit Thanks

Stumbled across this little gem today! A mini sound system of sorts.

Oh and there is some guy on eBay that jacked the price and is selling them too

Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
I never play CDs anymore, but that is really cool. I may have to put that on my Christmas list.

That's the MINI Spirit Thanks

Stumbled across this little gem today! A mini sound system of sorts.

Oh and there is some guy on eBay that jacked the price and is selling them too

Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
of course any size is fine. thanks Smokey.

Bobbie

Old 07-29-2007, 10:07 AM
91Eunos
4th Gear
Hi all... Been very busy at work lately and haven't had time to post. Went to the F1 race last weekend and did laps of teh Nurburgring w/ my bud who just moved to Germany the weekend prior to that...

Oh well, somebody's gotta do it! Also picked up a SUHWEET 1:18 PW/Black MCS (looks exactly like my car!) at teh shop there at the Nurburgring...it's a Kyosho and tyhe detail is unbelievable--almost as good as the "Red Nose Day" race car model (also 1:18) I picked up a few weeks ago at Mini United in Zandvoort.

Anyway, I finally got around to cleaning up teh display cases here and found a couple of extras. If anyone needs a Carrera Go slot car let me know. It's the #1 car on the left...gave teh #2 car to Smokey and now I can't find another for the collection... One will turn up sooner or later I'm sure! There's a #3 and a #4 car out there that was released this year but so far no luck at the stores around here. My bud found a place in Stuttgart that has a whole floor of model cars so I'll try to get down there next week for a look-see.

Anyway, this one cost me 15 Euro:

Smokey: I have a surprise coming your way.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:25 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Okay I've got some JLs to trade (or sell). I went to that flea market I was telling you about and managed to find a full set of the Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINIs - Clean AND original run (silver metal bottoms and English only choke warning).

Here's what I have:
1 SET - Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINIs - Blue, Red and White - original run
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINI - Blue - original run
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINI - White - original run
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINI - Red - original run - bad card
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, 2004 New Cars - EB/W
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, Street Freaks - JB/JB

As you can see, I'm trading/selling one complete set and I'm breaking one up (cough Jack cough).

Purchase or Trade Value: $3/US each. I'd rather trade (it's more fun) if anybody has any of the older HW Pop Off Minis in Blue, Green or Black. Or, just let me know what you have and we can talk. If you don't have a trade, you can have these for what I paid for them.

Just PM me.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:31 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
OK, I just had an idea for an event at next year's Dragon.

MINI slot car races.

Decide on a system and scale (Scalextric, Carrera, etc.). Everyone brings their own car and some pieces of track, other parts if they have them (converter, controllers, etc). The track is built on site using the the parts received by those who participate. Then there are races in heats with an eventual winner. Could get a sponsor (a hobby shop or diecast vendor at the Dragon would be good) and they could have cars and track parts for sale on site. At then end, every takes their track parts home and the next year we do it again. Different track each year.

What do you think?

Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
I don't have anything to trade right now. All my other IJ's are black bottom, so I'm going to hold out for those. But thanks for thinking of me!

Okay I've got some JLs to trade (or sell). I went to that flea market I was telling you about and managed to find a full set of the Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINIs - Clean AND original run (silver metal bottoms and English only choke warning).

Here's what I have:
1 SET - Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINIs - Blue, Red and White - original run
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINI - Blue - original run
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINI - White - original run
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, Italian Job MINI - Red - original run - bad card
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, 2004 New Cars - EB/W
1 SINGLE - Johnny Lightning, Street Freaks - JB/JB

As you can see, I'm trading/selling one complete set and I'm breaking one up (cough Jack cough).

Purchase or Trade Value: $3/US each. I'd rather trade (it's more fun) if anybody has any of the older HW Pop Off Minis in Blue, Green or Black. Or, just let me know what you have and we can talk. If you don't have a trade, you can have these for what I paid for them.

Just PM me.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:47 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI_Bee
I don't have anything to trade right now. All my other IJ's are black bottom, so I'm going to hold out for those. But thanks for thinking of me!
Believe me. I understand more than you know. My first set had miss matched bottoms so I couldn't rest until I had both sets. :impatient

I'll sit on the extras for now for anybody who wants them. If I eventually get motivated, I may stick them on ebay.

Of course, I may do a shadow box like Smokey:

Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
PM sent dickdavid

Quick Reply: MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*