Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

INDIANAPOLIS MINI OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 07:04 AM
gross67
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INDIANAPOLIS AREA MINI OWNERS,

Has anyone out there formed and area MINI club yet? I would be interested in "Joining" and or helping form such a club. I live 50 miles out of INDY and will have my MINI in just about a month - it is being built this week. When it comes in, I'll certainly want to spend some time getting to know all about the car. I've learned a great deal from this site but when the car arrives, I'll be more interested in driving than looking at this screen!! So, If something exisists, please let me know, if something needs to be formed, who wants to join me?

Cheers,

GROSS67

Old 11-03-2002, 11:44 AM
gross67
2nd Gear
INDY MINI OWNERS? ......are you out there?

Old 11-04-2002, 05:25 AM
gross67
2nd Gear
..I'm just typing this to have it show up on Recent Topics ......
The things I do for love......

:smile: :smile:

Old 11-04-2002, 01:41 PM
misemici
1st Gear
I'm present, and interested. I've got a Br. racing green Cooper with white top.

Old 11-05-2002, 11:12 AM
gross67
2nd Gear
INDY OWNERS -
I only know of three Indianapolis area owners - I know there are more out there - please reply and comment - an INDY MINI group would be great.

Picture tailgate parties at the Colts or Indians games - and then long drives through rural Indiana- or around the Indianapolis Speedway (In our Dreams) - sounds good, doesn't it?

Cheers,
GROSS67

Old 11-05-2002, 11:12 AM
gross67
2nd Gear
INDY OWNERS -
I only know of three Indianapolis area owners - I know there are more out there - please reply and comment - an INDY MINI group would be great.

Picture tailgate parties at the Colts or Indians games - and then long drives through rural Indiana- or around the Indianapolis Speedway (In our Dreams) - sounds good, doesn't it?

Cheers,
GROSS67

Old 11-05-2002, 11:38 AM
djafactor
3rd Gear
I have a MCS Chilli Red/Black and live in Indy. I've always been involved with our local BMWCCA club (I also have an 88 BMW M3) so I attend the monthly club meetings. Two of the board members have MINIs so there are always at least three of us every month. Everyone in the club is pro-MINI (BMW is like our big brother u know) so they welcome us with open arms. I did a BMWCCA school in the MINI last month where there were 4 other MCS in attendence including two instructors. If any of you are interested there is a monthly meeting tommorow (i'll be there). It is always fun to sit around and swap car stories with a bunch of gearheads. Check out hoosier BMWCCA website for more info. Feel free to email me at djafactor@hotmail.com if you ever want to meet up.

take care

Amit

Old 11-06-2002, 06:52 PM
gross67
2nd Gear
INDY OWNERS
Any more of you out there?
I just got word that my MINI will arrive in NY on the 19th - I'll soon be cruising in Indy.
Cheers,
GROSS67

Old 11-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Indy_Archy
3rd Gear
Our EB MCS (black leather, Sport, premium packages) is set for delivery on 11/10. I'm assuming this is when the boat hits land. Our Motoring Advisor, Amanda, is estimating a week from this point. So we are anxiously awaiting motoring through the Racing capital of the world.

As a side note, It is refreshing that I haven't seen too many MINIs in Indy. It is sometimes a week or 10 days between sightings. But the scary thing is that I am seeing 2-3 HUMMERS a day now. Why anyone would need this $60,000 tank, that a MINI could probably fit inside, is beyond me!! I'll keep our Little MINI "Alice" enjoying it being somewhat rare, and let the rich rednecks flood the streets with the Hummers!!

Old 11-07-2002, 07:33 AM
gross67
2nd Gear
My Cooper will hit land on 11/19 - and yes, I think I'll have one of the few Velvet Red MINIS around.
It will be sailing on the AIDA. (Or is that "Shipping" on the AIDA?)
INDY in a MINI - Should be grand!!

GROSS67

Old 12-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Davisio
4th Gear
Lets get it together and start participating. I picked mine up on October 19 in Indianapolis. I have been sitting around waiting for Indianapolis to have a MINI anything so that MINI owners in central Indiana may meet. Nothing's happened in quite a while. If there are any Hoosier MINI owners out there, let's get together and caravan (loosely) to the upcoming Napervile M.I.N.I drive (see above post). Alternatively, we could organize a something. It's all up to us.

Old 12-18-2002, 07:32 PM
gross67
2nd Gear
Eight days later........

Yes, I'm up for a MINI get together. A nice MINI drive should be in store as well. With Christmas just around the corner, are we talking about the New Year? If the Saturday Carwash at Dreyer Reinbold is EVERY Saturday, we could all meet up there just to introduce ourselves.

I'm open to suggestions and ready to see everyone's MINI.

Cheers,

GROSS67

Old 12-19-2002, 04:57 AM
Davisio
4th Gear
I'll be there this Saturday 12/21.

Old 12-20-2002, 05:50 PM
Indy_Archy
3rd Gear
Won't be at the car wash this week, (motoring to South Bend for Christmas with the in-laws). Should be there next weekend though.

Old 12-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Grr
Neutral
Hello Indy!

I am currently studying in Canterbury, England on an IU exchange program and will be returning in June to Indy. Imagine, nine months with NO driving. Anyway, as I'll be a senior next year at IU I figure it is time to buy a car I actually want, and the Cooper S is my present choice as I from what I hear you can't get more fun for your dollar.

Anyway, if you do start a club up I'd love to come when I get back and learn more about the Cooper and cars in general for that matter. I'd really like to buy a car that has a unique and fitting community to boot.

Of course I'll be busy next summer trying to find a job or internship. If anyone knows of a Law firm that would like a motivated English and Philosophy student let me know.

So keep me updated, if you start a mailing list add me please.

Kevin "grr" Gallagher
kpgallag@indiana.edu

Old 01-22-2003, 04:23 AM
Sarcux
6th Gear
Just so you guys know, there is an Indiannapolis branch of MiniOKI (a larger parent group consisting of 10 divisions covering all of Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky) all ready to be started up... we just need someone willing to do so! E-mail the founder at gvestes@yahoo.com for more info.

Any more help you may need, feel free to e-mail me... SarcuxKSU@msn.com

Check out http://www.minioki.com in a few weeks, our website should (hopefully) be up by then.