Mid-Atlantic Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

PittStop MINI Club does BeaveRun Motorsports Complex Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 02:36 PM
MindTheGap
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a reminder that this coming weekend, Sunday June 8th,2003 is our big event at BeaveRun. http://www.beaverun.com/

This event is sponsored by MoP (MINI of Pittsburgh) and the PittStop MINI Club.

In case you haven’t already signed up, time is running out! We need to know how many people and cars to expect to make sure everyone has the best possible time. If you haven’t already replied, please RSVP TODAY to Karen Sero: ksero@pittstopmini.org or call Karen at 412-903-7390. You can pay at the event, but you need to make your reservation right away. The price is $15 per person for members, $25 p/p for non-members. This covers track rental, lunch and prizes. Club annual membership is just $20 per car. BTW- everyone in a member’s family is considered a “member” and pays the member price. If you’re going to just watch and not drive, that’s free. But if you want lunch, it’s still $15 members & $25 non-members.

Here’s the agenda:
On Sunday, June 8th, we’ll meet at Steak & Shake at Robinson Town Center at 9 AM for breakfast. If you do not plan on joining us for breakfast, please plan on arriving by 9:45 AM! At 10 AM we’ll leave in a caravan for the BeaveRun Motorsports Complex.

We hope to arrive by 11 AM and begin warm-up laps on an autocross course. You will be able to drive your MINI around a coned course in the Vehicle Dynamics Area. The course is designed to bring out the best of your MINI’s handling capabilities and maximizing your fun. After getting a feel for the autocross track, we will begin timing runs. You will be able to keep track of your progress and prizes will be awarded.

The BMW Club will be using the 1.6 mile North Track and has agreed to let us take our MINIs out on the main race course during their lunch break. We will do a parade lap and some additional laps of “spirited” driving fun!

We will have a tent area and a catered lunch. Required helmets will be available to borrow. All you need is your (MINI) hat, sun block, lawn chairs or blankets to sit on the hillside. Bring your camera and be prepared for a great time!

Steve Grieme
President
PittStop MINI Club
2002 MINI Cooper S
“Mind-The-Gap”
email:sgrieme@pittstopmini.org

Old 06-03-2003, 02:45 PM
julianvh
3rd Gear
Sound like a lot of fun...

How far from N jersey is the track
Maybe some of US from jersey can get together and go.

Old 06-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
Holy worst timing possible. I am moving into my house in Pittsburgh this weekend won't be able to make this! Do you think my family and friends would mind unloading the moving truck why I take my MINI out and tear it up all day. I think they would change the locks on me if I did. I have always wanted to get my Mini on an autocross course.

I will have to meet you guys at a different event. Probably in July since I am traveling back and forth from Philly to Pittsburgh most of the month due to some lingering work commitments.

MindTheGap, I will be sure to mention your bedford event to the folks down here. I will also be brain storming on some ideas for the PVGP and BBQ

Best of luck and don't blow an engine!

Driving_Hamster

Old 06-04-2003, 06:24 AM
MindTheGap
3rd Gear
Julian- Here's the website for the track- you can get locations and dirsctions there: http://www.beaverun.com/

Hamster- Don't worry, we'll be doing it again, I'm sure. Thanks for helping out on spreading the word about the Bedford Event too. I would love to pack the town with MINIs! We look forward to you coming to the "Burgh" - I have afeeling you'll be a great additiona to the club!