Mickey & MINI 8

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:01 PM
jcwrocket
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mickey & MINI 8

Sunshine MINI's & MINI's of Orlando is super excited to announce that Mickey & MINI will be coming back to Orlando this fall! Tentative dates are September 28-30. So pencil in your trip to Orlando now! Official website, hotel, and schedule information will be coming your way soon.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 AM
tkahike
1st Gear
I so want to go to this, don't think I can since we will be down in Nov.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 AM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Mickey and MINI 8 Planning Team is already hard at work to put together the best-ever edition of this awesome event. We have the exciting possibility of moving Mickey and MINI back to Disney this year. This would allow us to be closer to the planned Disney events and have access to Disney facilities, transportation, and discount theme park tickets, as well as nicer rooms. The negotiations with Disney Groups look very promising, but we need to guarantee a minimum number of rooms. Here's where we need your help.

To hold Mickey and MINI at a Disney moderate resort, we need a commitment from all of you to stay at least one night of the event at the host Disney resort hotel. If we can reach 100 room commitments for one of the nights, we will get the discount rate of $99 per night for the weekend (the normal rate is $189-$224). You could even invite your non-MINI family and friends to take advantage of this low price without having to be a part of the MINI events.

Please vote in the poll and add your name(s) to the list if you would commit to staying at the Disney resort for $99 a night for at least one night of the weekend. Adding your name does not obligate you to stay, but please add your name only if you are very certain you will book a room.

Important: Disney Hotel Commitment Poll - Deadline 1/31

Old 02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
blbandit
1st Gear
Would Like to know about Mickey & Mini

I would love to have information about Mickey & Mini. I'm waiting on my mini now and I love Disney.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:52 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
The dates are pretty much settled as September 28-30. We're nearly able to confirm a Disney resort as the host hotel this year. Keep an eye on the Mickey and MINI 8 forum on the Sunshine MINIs website.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Woot, can't wait. The trip through downtown last year was awesome to see all of the people outside of clubs who also thought we were petty cool, rolling at times 6 wide. I even heard some guys on the street say to his buddies..."Darn that's how to roll, we need to roll that deep" (translation: I want to be like them and hangout with all of my friends and take over O-town)

Old 02-16-2012, 05:17 PM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
This sounds like a fun event! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Mickey & MINI website!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:08 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Sunshine MINIs and MINIS OF ORLANDO are pleased to announce that Mickey and MINI Ocho will be held at the Walt Disney World Resort. The dates are September 28th to 30th. We are in the process of planning a bunch of fun activities for all including another drive around the Richard Petty track. We have negotiated a fabulous rate at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort for $99 a night. Please stay tuned for more details.

If you would like to look at the resort, visit the website:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...springs-resort

Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear

Hotel registration information is now available!

The host hotel for Mickey and MINI 8 is Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Room registration by phone is now available. Online room reservation will follow soon.

If you'd like to make your reservations or purchase group theme park admission tickets now, follow the instructions below.

Please call Disney's Group Reservations Office at 407-939-4686 - Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 6:00pm.

In addition to credit card information, please be sure to have the following information available:

1. Group Name: MM8 Event 2012
2. Group Code: G0612316
3. Resort: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

The last day you can call to book a room is Tuesday, August 28, 2012.

Please Note:

Originally Posted by Disney Destinations
Guests will be required to leave a one nights’ room and tax deposit per room requested at the time of booking. The balance will be due at check-in when guests arrive at the Resort. Guests must provide the names and addresses of all guests staying in the room. Please include ages for children 17 and under.

Guests wishing to utilize Disney’s Magical Express Service (Complimentary transfers and luggage assistance to and from Orlando International Airport) must have complete flight itinerary available to confirm the service.

Discounted group theme park admission tickets must be prepaid in full at the time of purchase and must be purchased at least 10 days prior to check-in day.
More hotel information can be found on the Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort website.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
I plan on attending as many of the events as possible---but I will be staying with my mom in Davenport, FL instead of the resort...will there be any problems with that?

Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 PM
yetti96
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MeenieMom
I plan on attending as many of the events as possible---but I will be staying with my mom in Davenport, FL instead of the resort...will there be any problems with that?
Staying with mom is lame..., but no that's cool, get some family time and save a few bucks. You should be able to get past the guard as a visitor for event or activities that take place in the parking lot.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 PM
MeenieMom
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by yetti96
Staying with mom is lame..., but no that's cool, get some family time and save a few bucks. You should be able to get past the guard as a visitor for event or activities that take place in the parking lot.

You called me "LAME"??? I'm going to go tell my mom on you!! JK...Mom is looking forward to the event as well, and I plan on staying a couple weeks in a rental unit near where she lives, anyway...so I won't be staying with her, exactly.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
You called me "LAME"??? I'm going to go tell my mom on you!! JK...Mom is looking forward to the event as well, and I plan on staying a couple weeks in a rental unit near where she lives, anyway...so I won't be staying with her, exactly.
Well that should be fun then. Last year was my first and will not be my last as we (wife + me) plan on going again this year. Glad you will be able to make it.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:15 AM
jcwrocket
2nd Gear
No problems at all. For events that happen at Coronado Springs the resort will have cast members posted at the entrance to make sure those not staying at the resort will know where to go.

Of course, I think you should stay at Coronado Springs... All the cool kids are doing it!!

Can't wait to see you all in Orlando in September!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
loricz
Neutral
The $99 rate is a REALLY fantastic price for Coronado Springs. I'm a Florida resident and they sometimes have special deals for residents, but never this low. If I were you I'd consider bringing mom to Coronado for two nights - if you split the cost it would only be $99 each. Just a thought.

I'm definitely going - already booked my room. I can hardly wait!!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 AM
tkahike
1st Gear
I think we are a go! :D

Old 03-21-2012, 01:37 PM
tkahike
1st Gear
We are, booked our room!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Very cool. Going to motor all the way to Florida?

Old 03-22-2012, 02:04 AM
tkahike
1st Gear
Sure are. Not a bad drive, we drive straight down, can make it to Orlando in 18 hrs with two drivers. More time at Disney :D We are DVC members, so any excuse we can get to come down LOL

Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 PM
tasomini
3rd Gear
I plan to make it this year. It will be my first time.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:32 PM
theging
3rd Gear
i live in Orlando. I don't really want to spend the money on a hotel and Disney. Can i stop by for some events though?

Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
jcwrocket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by theging
i live in Orlando. I don't really want to spend the money on a hotel and Disney. Can i stop by for some events though?
Of course you can come to any of the events. A lot of the people attending, including all of the planning team, live in Orlando, and we are using this as a getaway weekend! Plus, you can't beat a rate of $99 at Coronado Springs. One of the people who booked said that the reservation agent put her on hold to make sure the rate was correct because it was so low!

Either way we can't wait to see everyone at the end of September!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:41 PM
theging
3rd Gear
i will defiantly try to make it out. Full Sail has some weird hours and days for class, but i am sure i can make it to a few events.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:18 PM
cntryislandboy
1st Gear
holly cow, i didn't realize i would have so many events to attend when i bought the mini, think i'm going to start buying stock in Shell and Hankook.

all kidding aside looks like lots of fun, and i've been looking to an excuse to take my Mikey obsessed 3 year old to Disney, defiantly going to be an easy sell to mommy

Old 06-14-2012, 06:12 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Cool. Where are you coming from?

Quick Reply: Mickey & MINI 8