JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

JCW seats available in the US?? (Maybe??)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:26 PM
mini d
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right rednwhite.

There is no problem.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:53 AM
minicoopermike
6th Gear
Very nice!!!

Old 05-10-2005, 04:46 PM
DK23
3rd Gear
My comments were not meant to suggest that there was a problem physically installing aftermarket, or JCW seats in the MINI. I was only suggesting one think carefully about giving up the side airbags in order to do it. I have never liked the stock seats, and would really like the JWC or Sparco seats for a number of reasons. However, I'm reluctant to give up the airbags their added safety offered to the MINI's occupants.

mini d, your car interior is stunning. You are only making me want those seats even more!!

Old 05-11-2005, 07:16 AM
naparsei
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mini d
There is no problem.
Your interior is dreamy. I love it. Everything looks great.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:36 AM
mini d
5th Gear
Thanks guys.

Interior has always been one of the most important parts of the car for me. When looking at new cars I always go look at the dash after looking at the exterior, after all, it is what is in front of you when you are sitting in the drivers seat. I guess I am in the minority here as I did my interior BEFORE any engine mods, but now those are underway. Does it ever stop?

Old 05-11-2005, 08:53 AM
naparsei
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mini d
Interior has always been one of the most important parts of the car for me. When looking at new cars I always go look at the dash after looking at the exterior, after all, it is what is in front of you when you are sitting in the drivers seat. I guess I am in the minority here as I did my interior BEFORE any engine mods, but now those are underway. Does it ever stop?
mini d - if I PM you my email, would you email more interior pics. I am quite taken with what you've done.
Thanks.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:43 AM
mini d
5th Gear
Sure.

Originally Posted by naparsei
mini d - if I PM you my email, would you email more interior pics. I am quite taken with what you've done.
Thanks.
Give me a couple of days, and I will apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures as I am no photographer.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:24 AM
miniaq
2nd Gear
I'm very confused about the safety issue with the side airbags being removed, the european safety regulations are just as stringent as ours if not more but the JCW seat is installed as a factory option!

It seems to me the reason the seat is not available as of yet has more to do with the existance of too many lawyers per capita here as opposed to safety concerns. BTW MINI D your interior looks great

Old 05-11-2005, 05:02 PM
mini d
5th Gear
Well said.

Originally Posted by miniaq
I'm very confused about the safety issue with the side airbags being removed, the european safety regulations are just as stringent as ours if not more but the JCW seat is installed as a factory option!

It seems to me the reason the seat is not available as of yet has more to do with the existance of too many lawyers per capita here as opposed to safety concerns. BTW MINI D your interior looks great
I don't believe it has much to do with safety issues either. I think BMW is rightly afraid of our litigious society here in the States.

Btw, Thanks for the thumbs up miniaq.:smile: