Just scored an 06 JCW - Page 3 - North American Motoring


JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Just scored an 06 JCW

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 07-08-2017, 08:07 AM
ItsmeWayne's Avatar
ItsmeWayne ItsmeWayne is offline
4th Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern oregon
Posts: 584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I have put on over a thousand miles, since doing all the work. It runs and drives well. I had purchased a new belt tensioner, but have not put it on yet.
In the last couple of days I have started to see the P1498 code, coming on from tie to time. Since you have to dig deep to repair the problem, I have been putting it off. I am not sure of the cause, but guessing the short 1 1/4 connector hose is leaking, as the code is very intermittent.
Time will tell, but right now I need it for a driver.
I have three dead Minis that I need to get going, as I have slacked off, since the weather has me on the road for business a lot.
The three Minis needing work are all R50 models. One with a bad push button starter switch (2008), one with a bad auto tranny (R 50 convertible) and a 2005 R50 that has low compression in a couple of cylinders and now has no spark. I keep telling myself, I need to fix them, but I keep finding other work to do right now! Summer calls to me and my need to be driving the twisties has taken precedence!


Mini Mania 2017 road ride

low compression in two cylinders and now, no spark.

House we rented for Mini Mania 2017


We sell other cars than Minis, so lots to do there also. I need to find a couple more "S" models, as I am officially out of them right now. I sold off a couple of R50 convertibles and only have the 2008 with the bad auto tranny issue. I guess I will have to get into the tranny soon.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-08-2017, 08:01 PM
ssean72's Avatar
ssean72 ssean72 is offline
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Silly question, I haven't seen many JCW cars with out the Aero package is not having the aero package a low number option? I also like the Checkmate hood stripe
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-08-2017, 10:02 PM
ItsmeWayne's Avatar
ItsmeWayne ItsmeWayne is offline
4th Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern oregon
Posts: 584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssean72 View Post
Silly question, I haven't seen many JCW cars with out the Aero package is not having the aero package a low number option? I also like the Checkmate hood stripe
Hi ssean72,
Many gen 1 MCS JCW models do not have the aero package, as it was another option, which was expensive and many buyers elected not to add it.
Mine did not have the aero package, but pretty much everything else JCW. It also had the Seven package, with the piano black interior appointments. It is just what was ordered.
I personally like the aero package, but to add it to my car now, would not keep it original.

My numbered engine


factory front brakes


piano black (Seven), with chrono package


JCW exhaust system with stainless steel oval mufflers.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-09-2017, 09:12 AM
ssean72's Avatar
ssean72 ssean72 is offline
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I wasn't trying to say it wasn't a JCW, just was saying I hadn't seen one, I absolutely love your car. I wish I was able to find one when I was looking. It is cool to see another nice car get turned back into a sweet well cared for ride! I am new to the R53 game and love my 2006 Checkmate.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-09-2017, 12:03 PM
ItsmeWayne's Avatar
ItsmeWayne ItsmeWayne is offline
4th Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern oregon
Posts: 584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I knew that, I was just trying to explain, what was ordered on this car, which is a pretty expensive build.
I also like your Checkmate and if I had it, I would keep it as close to factory, as I could, but again, make some improvements that make it all the sweeter for use! It is a unique car also and worthy to keep in the best shape possible, for a daily driver.
I use my cars, as it is all that I am about. I don't want to own a garage queen, so I have to keep working on them, to keep them at a level, that makes them fun to drive.
I am also a gen 1 addict and the 2006 is the best year, along with the 05s (except fo the non factory JCW, although, you could put in everything the factory did in 2006)(but this was rarely done)
You can get your build sheet, as it came to the first owner here: http://bimmer.work/
just need the last seven of your vin.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-09-2017, 06:56 PM
ssean72's Avatar
ssean72 ssean72 is offline
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne View Post
I knew that, I was just trying to explain, what was ordered on this car, which is a pretty expensive build.
I also like your Checkmate and if I had it, I would keep it as close to factory, as I could, but again, make some improvements that make it all the sweeter for use! It is a unique car also and worthy to keep in the best shape possible, for a daily driver.
I use my cars, as it is all that I am about. I don't want to own a garage queen, so I have to keep working on them, to keep them at a level, that makes them fun to drive.
I am also a gen 1 addict and the 2006 is the best year, along with the 05s (except fo the non factory JCW, although, you could put in everything the factory did in 2006)(but this was rarely done)
You can get your build sheet, as it came to the first owner here: http://bimmer.work/
just need the last seven of your vin.
I have used bimmer decoder a few times, I actually used it when I was looking for this car. I use mine for a daily also and like you I tinker with it pretty regularly. I had no clue about the Checkmate until After I bought the car. I am going to keep it stock for the most part, I got the car painted a and I lost my hood stripe so I am looking to replace it, but dang they are not cheap!!!! I am still on the fence about putting the side checkered decal in or not but will desire on that after I get all the little things that bug me done first... lol. My car was abused for the first part of its life but the lady that had it before me put allot of money into it before I got it, she took care of most of the big issues it had from it being neglected like she had the engine replaced a moth after she bought it, a used one but it was replaced, and the last thing she did before she had enough was a replace the Supercharger and drivers side axle. I was able to get all of the cars service history since she had it and wow it is extensive.... lol. I have but a few bucks into it since I have had it but she is driving like a new car again. The funny thing about me getting an 2006 is I was always told to stay away from them and get a 2007+ that the older ones where way under powered, well I can say this 2006 runs and drives so much better then my daughters 2007. Her car was very well taken car of its whole life and is a really nice car, I just like how mine drives so much better. I have used NAM for allot of tech info every since we bought my daughter her first 2003 R50, I love this site and most of it's members, oh ya I want to add factory options that I wish this one had like auto dimming mirror and the chrono pack
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-09-2017, 10:55 PM
ItsmeWayne's Avatar
ItsmeWayne ItsmeWayne is offline
4th Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern oregon
Posts: 584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssean72 View Post
I have used bimmer decoder a few times, I actually used it when I was looking for this car. I use mine for a daily also and like you I tinker with it pretty regularly. I had no clue about the Checkmate until After I bought the car. I am going to keep it stock for the most part, I got the car painted a and I lost my hood stripe so I am looking to replace it, but dang they are not cheap!!!! I am still on the fence about putting the side checkered decal in or not but will desire on that after I get all the little things that bug me done first... lol. My car was abused for the first part of its life but the lady that had it before me put allot of money into it before I got it, she took care of most of the big issues it had from it being neglected like she had the engine replaced a moth after she bought it, a used one but it was replaced, and the last thing she did before she had enough was a replace the Supercharger and drivers side axle. I was able to get all of the cars service history since she had it and wow it is extensive.... lol. I have but a few bucks into it since I have had it but she is driving like a new car again. The funny thing about me getting an 2006 is I was always told to stay away from them and get a 2007+ that the older ones where way under powered, well I can say this 2006 runs and drives so much better then my daughters 2007. Her car was very well taken car of its whole life and is a really nice car, I just like how mine drives so much better. I have used NAM for allot of tech info every since we bought my daughter her first 2003 R50, I love this site and most of it's members, oh ya I want to add factory options that I wish this one had like auto dimming mirror and the chrono pack
If you go on EBay, you will find aftermarket checkmate graphics, that are just like OEM, for $29 to $55.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Decals-Vinyl...nEnNVQ&vxp=mtr
You can ask the seller for the colors you want to use, I have them make me graphics for many minis, as I buy and sell them.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-11-2017, 07:06 AM
ssean72's Avatar
ssean72 ssean72 is offline
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne View Post
If you go on EBay, you will find aftermarket checkmate graphics, that are just like OEM, for $29 to $55.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Decals-Vinyl...nEnNVQ&vxp=mtr
You can ask the seller for the colors you want to use, I have them make me graphics for many minis, as I buy and sell them.
Wonder if they can do the hood stripe?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-11-2017, 07:19 AM
ItsmeWayne's Avatar
ItsmeWayne ItsmeWayne is offline
4th Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern oregon
Posts: 584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
You can just about get anything you want, if you contact the sellers.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...es&_sacat=6000
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-11-2017, 11:00 AM
ssean72's Avatar
ssean72 ssean72 is offline
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne View Post
You can just about get anything you want, if you contact the sellers.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...es&_sacat=6000
They can't do the hood stripe, but found someone her in Ga that can do it. Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.


North American Motoring is an independently operated web site supporting MINI owners and enthusiastsworldwide. As such it has no official relationship with MINI USA, BMW AG, or BMW of North America.All original artwork and design is Copyright © 2002-2004 North American Motoring.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: