JCW Prepping the JCW (first days with new JCW)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 03:26 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Prepping the JCW (first days with new JCW)

I will be picking up the JCW tomorrow, and the dealer is about 2 hours away from my home.

I plan on picking up the JCW and if the fuel tank is not full, filling up with 94+ octane methanol free fuel (Petro Canada in Canada, Sunoco in the USA) for the 2 hour trip back. I figure it will be the first 100 miles (120km or so) drive on the factory oil.

QUESTION: Does the mini come with any kind of factory break in oil (a la Honda)? Reason I ask, I wanted to change over the oil to flush out any prebuilt engine metals and foreign material that perhaps remains trapped in the factory oil (to heavy to flow through the engine to be filtered by the oil filter).

The next few days I will be home, allowing me to prepare the exterior paint. I want to ceramic coat the paint, ceramic protect the exterior plastic and engine bay, and ceramic coat the exterior glass. And on the inside I wanted to protect the seats, roof liner, carpeting and fabric with stain resistant protectant.

Cheers

Old 06-08-2016, 06:23 PM
toyopet
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in California there is only 91. I asked my MA to fill it with 91 and he did. Try asking

Old 06-09-2016, 03:05 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hmm, I would't be surprised....

I would not be surprised if the vehicle is delivered with just enough fuel to get you to the gas station lol

The cost of fuel these days, given the price for a barrel of crude... we should be easily 30% lower to as much as 45% less than what we are paying at the pump. But, I digress.

The good news though, is I will now enjoy driving by 300% for the same cost of the fuel thanks to the JCW.

Cheers

Old 06-09-2016, 05:07 AM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by LormaD
I would not be surprised if the vehicle is delivered with just enough fuel to get you to the gas station lol

The cost of fuel these days, given the price for a barrel of crude... we should be easily 30% lower to as much as 45% less than what we are paying at the pump. But, I digress.

The good news though, is I will now enjoy driving by 300% for the same cost of the fuel thanks to the JCW.

Cheers
My JCW had a full tank of fuel when I picked it up! Plus, I received a Sunoco gas card for $50! Depends on the dealer I suppose!

Old 06-09-2016, 06:36 AM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LormaD
I will be picking up the JCW tomorrow, and the dealer is about 2 hours away from my home.

I plan on picking up the JCW and if the fuel tank is not full, filling up with 94+ octane methanol free fuel (Petro Canada in Canada, Sunoco in the USA) for the 2 hour trip back. I figure it will be the first 100 miles (120km or so) drive on the factory oil.

QUESTION: Does the mini come with any kind of factory break in oil (a la Honda)? Reason I ask, I wanted to change over the oil to flush out any prebuilt engine metals and foreign material that perhaps remains trapped in the factory oil (to heavy to flow through the engine to be filtered by the oil filter).

The next few days I will be home, allowing me to prepare the exterior paint. I want to ceramic coat the paint, ceramic protect the exterior plastic and engine bay, and ceramic coat the exterior glass. And on the inside I wanted to protect the seats, roof liner, carpeting and fabric with stain resistant protectant.

Cheers
As far as I know, they don't have break in oil, nor does the typical dealer pay for an oil change before the computer says so, but I had mine changed right after the break in period just for good measure. So far, 20K miles and no problems at all. Plus, the ceramic coating works great! I did it to my JCW, always shines and bugs, grime, etc just wipe off with normal washing. Enjoy!

Old 06-10-2016, 06:42 AM
KYDan
5th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts
My first mini was an R56 JCW that I bought off the sales floor and the washed and detailed it, and then filled it up with fuel before I took it home. I ordered this one and it was a whole lot more expensive than my first as I knew what I wanted. They didn't wash it, nor fill it up with fuel. The original staff with the exception of a few has left over the years and management has changed. So has their business philosophy. We have another mini dealer that is about 30 miles further away and I will shop them as well next time.