JCW JCW scraping on driveways or speed bumps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Yam the Bomb
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCW scraping on driveways or speed bumps?

I have a 2013 Clubman and I'm considering ordering a new JCW. But I would think I would scrape the front every time I pull in my driveway. Plus I pull in many other driveways throughout the week (I do sales appointments at people's homes. )

Is this a big problem? How do you guys deal with it?

Also I have two large dogs that hop in my backseat every day. The club door is perfect for that. Can they easily jump into the backseat of the hard top? I assume they can if people can. Just not as convenient as the Clubman.

I wish they would just offer the hardtop with a club door. That would be perfect in the JCW edition.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:33 AM
goin2drt
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You will not have any issues scraping. I am lowered on coilovers and I barely have to take driveways at an angle. The JCW has a very short nose and the front spoiler is just not that low.

For the dogs. I put the back seats down flat, open the rear hatch and in they go. 2 black labs no problem.

Hope it helps.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:20 AM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by goin2drt
You will not have any issues scraping. I am lowered on coilovers and I barely have to take driveways at an angle. The JCW has a very short nose and the front spoiler is just not that low.

For the dogs. I put the back seats down flat, open the rear hatch and in they go. 2 black labs no problem.

Hope it helps.
Good replies! I was wondering about scraping after lowering as my JCW is stock & the deflectors in front of the front tires are pretty low with the stock height, so I was almost certain they would rub with coilovers

Old 03-26-2016, 06:31 AM
Yam the Bomb
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goin2drt

Hope it helps.
Great to know on the scraping. On the dogs I have to let them in the back seat through the door because I have to have a lot of cases in the back hatch that pretty much fill it full. I leave the seat up and put one of those hammock style seat covers that loops on the front and rear head rests.

But I assume if any human could get in that way, two 100 lb dogs should be able to.

If there was a kit that completely eliminated the back seats and just left a similar-level floor, that would be perfect.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:58 AM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Yam the Bomb
Great to know on the scraping. On the dogs I have to let them in the back seat through the door because I have to have a lot of cases in the back hatch that pretty much fill it full. I leave the seat up and put one of those hammock style seat covers that loops on the front and rear head rests.

But I assume if any human could get in that way, two 100 lb dogs should be able to.

If there was a kit that completely eliminated the back seats and just left a similar-level floor, that would be perfect.
I'd just put the rear seats flat & try that with the dogs. No seat belts then though! ;-)