JCW Replacing my R59 with an F56 JCW -

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 03:05 PM
dbdecker
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Are you getting the NM power module? I'm tempted, I'll admit that. I'll be interested to hear how this car handles compared to the Roadster in terms of cornering.
The module was on backorder. I get that about a week after the car.

The plan is to Dyno before and after also.

Ive had a jcw pro fitted f56 cooper s for a week while they repaired my r59... and the jcw (stock exhaust) for 2 days... (back to back) the S seemed raw vs the jcw, but ill put it down to the sound of the loud exhaust tricking me... hence the purchase of the FI (which is simliar to the pro). Both where auto.
My wife said "must be auto", which I thought a crying shame, until I had the jcw for those 2 days. This is the first time to me an auto in a mini seemed subjectivly "right". Shift could be a touch rough, but considereably smoother than the S. Sports Manual didnt force my gears all the time either. I expect ill be in sports manual most of the time.
Ive also driven (overnight, again while the r59 was being repaired) the S clubman with the 8 speed auto. Very tame and smooth. Personally it didnt give me the Mini exlerience I was looking for. The tec was good though.

Ill keep this updated.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:26 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Someone did dyno his JCW pre and post the NM module. And someone did it to an S pre and post JCW tune kit, and after he added the NM to the JCW tune. I'm sure you've already seen it. I love my AT on the JCW Coupe, and yours will probably be even better. It's a different tranny right? I don't think I'd go back to manual (7 yrs).

Old 05-03-2016, 03:46 PM
dbdecker
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Someone did dyno his JCW pre and post the NM module. And someone did it to an S pre and post JCW tune kit, and after he added the NM to the JCW tune. I'm sure you've already seen it. I love my AT on the JCW Coupe, and yours will probably be even better. It's a different tranny right? I don't think I'd go back to manual (7 yrs).
Hi TBN,

I just prefer a manual car (always have) as such what I am looking for in an auto on seems to exist on cars well above my "pay grade" (so to speak).
In my local mini car club there is a really interesting mix of auto vs manual, and feedback from some is "they like what they have" so I've always assumed the choice is completely subjective (like mine).

The new auto is different.