JCW The JCW Configurator on mines.com is live

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:51 PM
lorijean
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the useful information on your experiences with cornering lights. If you had an unlimited budget, do you think illuminated door sills add or detract to the appearance of the car?

Old 03-29-2015, 11:58 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by lorijean
Thanks for the useful information on your experiences with cornering lights. If you had an unlimited budget, do you think illuminated door sills add or detract to the appearance of the car?
I was waffling about doing the illuminated door sills, but I decided I liked the look of the metal over the glossy plastic of the light up sills.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:26 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I'm about to get in the queue at my dealership. Any comments, suggestions while I still have time to change my selections?

as configured: $40,826

JCW Rebel Green
White Roof/Mirrors
Manual Transmission

Cold Weather Package
Wired Package and Wired Upgrade (Connected, Blue-tooth, traffic, armrest, Nav XL, Rear-view Camera + PDC, Head-Up Display)
Rear Fog Lights
LED with cornering Headlights
Rain Sensor and Auto Lights
18" Two-tone JCW Cup Spoke Wheels
Leather Lounge Satellite Gray
Dark Cottonwood
Satellite Gray Color Line
Harman/Kardon Sound System
Comfort Access System
All-weather floor mats
JCW Illuminated Door Sills

I plan to do custom stripes based on the JCW Concept at the Detroit Show 2014 but in photo-negative colors (green on the roof and white on the bonnet and boot)
Excellent, sounds like a more highly optioned car than mine for less money. I don't have Nav, HUD, Comfort Access, rear cam, or rain sensor. I do have AT and Recaros, and I think my BiXenons are as much as the LEDs. Can one order that one in the last pic that looks sorta like mine (with the red stripes)? And never, I mean NEVER, buy floormats from Mini. There's only one company for floormats, and that's Cocomats. Accept no substitutes. I'd skip the door sills and go for JCW puddle lights too.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:16 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm about to get in the queue at my dealership. Any comments, suggestions while I still have time to change my selections?

as configured: $40,826

JCW Rebel Green
White Roof/Mirrors
Manual Transmission

Cold Weather Package
Wired Package and Wired Upgrade (Connected, Blue-tooth, traffic, armrest, Nav XL, Rear-view Camera + PDC, Head-Up Display)
Rear Fog Lights
LED with cornering Headlights
Rain Sensor and Auto Lights
18" Two-tone JCW Cup Spoke Wheels
Leather Lounge Satellite Gray
Dark Cottonwood
Satellite Gray Color Line
Harman/Kardon Sound System
Comfort Access System
All-weather floor mats
JCW Illuminated Door Sills

I plan to do custom stripes based on the JCW Concept at the Detroit Show 2014 but in photo-negative colors (green on the roof and white on the bonnet and boot)
lorijean, I plan on doing the same stripes on my Thunder Grey and red roof with red on the boot and bonnet and grey on the roof. I have some irons on the fire in looking for them (my order is for a manual, so I have time), but have you been able to source these yet? I have one place who says they will do them but won't give me a price and another that has not yet responded.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:41 AM
axoo007
2nd Gear
If you guys are looking to get custom stripes, I highly recommend checking out www.motoringstripes.com.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:22 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by axoo007
If you guys are looking to get custom stripes, I highly recommend checking out www.motoringstripes.com.

Thanks for the info. I emailed them yesterday to see what they could do. I have two emails out on it so far and looking for probably one more option.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:15 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Stripe

Originally Posted by axoo007
Even though I've till next year to make up my mind on detail, I've found some stripes On my way! UK Site, that to meat least look a bit different. They're a three stripe set, applied like the JCW duo stripes. They have them for both, the bonnet and boot. I'll try to post a photo image if possible.

I, also tried to show a couple of interesting Viper Stripes that hey offer too.

Here's their website: MINI-graphics.co.uk
They quite a few stripe and Viper stripe available and ship everywhere. I used them for my Viper stripes on my r59 and am very satisfied with ease of installation and the quality.

Attached Thumbnails The JCW Configurator on mines.com is live-image.jpg  

Last edited by hemisedan; 04-01-2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Adding pictue
Old 04-11-2015, 09:09 AM
oeguy
1st Gear
I am in Canada and went to my local dealer to price a new JCW last week. I was told there is not much room for negotiating. And then we got down to pricing which came to just under 51k out the door. I realized that even with some room to play it's a pretty pricey commitment.