JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Little help needed. What's my car worth??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:04 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Little help needed. What's my car worth??

Hey guys,

Good news is baby is on the way!!! Bad news is the Mini has got to go. I haven't been frequenting the forums, or the market, and have no idea what the car is worth. I was hoping that you guys could give me a ballpark idea.

The car:
2011 Mini JCW Hatch
Black body, silver wheels, red top/mirrors, 6speed
77,500 miles...call it 80,000
It has, to my knowledge, every option other than floor mats and parking sensors. Nav, full leather, sunroof, HK, nearly everything.

Added JCW accessories:
JCW alcantara steering wheel, it's worn but still great
JCW alcantara / CF shifter
JCW suspension (installed at 50k)
JCW body kit. plus stock rear bumper off the car. The dealer installed the body kit before delivery and I kept the parts. Sold the front bumper already.

Other stuff:
Michelin PSS tires...not new, not dead
19mm adjustable rear Way swap bar.
shorty antenna!!!
GP rear diffuser
SS brake lines
Alta tune thing.
Everything blacked out other than belt line, door handles, and gas cap.

Warranty:
Maintenance till 100k (it transfers right?)
Regular warranty is up.

History:
I hit a baby deer, a fawn?, at about 25 miles an hour. It didn't look like a lot of damage but it was something like $5k to fix.
Dealer tagged the right front of the car while it was in service, I didn't even notice it but they repainted the bumper and hood. I would consider this one a plus. lol

Condition:
exterior...Car looks hot as hell but there's a little rub on the wheels, the paint is nice except where there's clear coat scratches, and there's a tiny little dent on the hatch from someone not shutting it properly. (wasn't me!) Also there's a nickel sized star on the passenger side upper corner of the windshield.
interior...I guess usual wear and tear but frankly I don't see any tear...It's in very good shape.

So while I know there's KBB (claims $18,500 in good condition) out there and that type of thing I think it's a little different when we're talking about a JCW with certain mods. I know they say mods aren't worth anything, but frankly I'd pay more for a car with a JCW suspension than one without it. Lastly, I certainly don't need to say this here, but the car is tremendous fun to drive.

Thank you for the help!

Best,
Gene :cheers:

Last edited by phantasms; 07-09-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:18 PM
FCBo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know where you're located. I am in the states. I just paid 19k for a 2011 JCW with 48k miles. Pretty stock JCW from what I can tell. Cloth interior. According to the VIN decoder it has the suspension upgrade. Mine is very clean; inside and out. The only negatives are that it did not come with floor mats or the owners manual. It also has the Harmon Kardon sound system. Hope that gives you an idea.

Last edited by FCBo; 07-08-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-08-2014, 07:24 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
Originally Posted by FCBo
I don't know where you're located. I am in the states. I just paid 19k for a 2011 JCW with 48k miles. Pretty stock JCW from what I can tell. Cloth interior. According to the VIN decoder it has the suspension upgrade. Mine is very clean; inside and out. The only negatives are that it did not come with floor mats or the owners manual. It also has the Harmon Kardon sound system. Hope that gives you an idea.
Thank you. I'm located in NY. That does give a bit of a starting point at least. Floor mats. you reminded me of what it doesn't have. lol I'll add that to my description. I hope you enjoy your new car!

Best,
Gene

Old 07-08-2014, 07:42 PM
FCBo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely love it. Congrats on the baby. My backseat has two baby seats in it. Just did a quick search and inspection. Looks like I have the stock suspension.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:44 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
Originally Posted by FCBo
Absolutely love it. Congrats on the baby. My backseat has two baby seats in it. Just did a quick search and inspection. Looks like I have the stock suspension.
Nice! I removed the rear seats.

Once you get the kid's college fund sorted out I'd definitely pick up the JCW suspension.

Best,
Gene

Old 07-11-2014, 08:10 PM
BubbaJCW
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this a fJCW?
Trying to decipher the description.
Dealer added the JCW aero kit?
And JCW suspension?
So 2011 MINI Hadtop?
With conversion?

Could you PM with VIN ?

Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BubbaJCW
Is this a fJCW?
Trying to decipher the description.
Dealer added the JCW aero kit?
And JCW suspension?
So 2011 MINI Hadtop?
With conversion?

Could you PM with VIN ?
Yes it's a 2011 factory JCW Hardtop. At the time you could only get the body kit installed at a dealer. The JCW suspension was added by a BMW shop at 50k miles.

I'll PM you the Vin.

Best,
Gene