JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW jcw gp 2 diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 05:15 PM
sooper_cooper
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by -=gRay rAvEn=-
Group4

Ask for Wayne.
I've seen their diffuser in person. They make good stuff and I plan to order a splitter from them, but for the price of the GP diffuser it's tough to beat.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey gang, I'm really interested in the GP diffuser. I'm wondering if I can make it work on my JCW Roadster. I was looking at some photos I pulled off the web of the GP, and I noticed the very small extensions behind the rear wheels on the arches. They look like the result of wind tunnel tuning. Does anyone any information on this?

Name:  mini-gp-5_zps17fb6fa7.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  1.42 MB

-Steven

Old 01-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Man, I'll bet all those GP2 owners will start getting annoyed that non-GP owners can just buy stuff that was made to provide some exclusivity to the GP.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
zcast
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BlueToy
Hey gang, I'm really interested in the GP diffuser. I'm wondering if I can make it work on my JCW Roadster.
Why wouldn't it?
It fits according to Outmotoring. http://www.outmotoring.com/gp-rear-diffuser.html

I ordered mine for my Coupe.

-Z

Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Marioalex24
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zcast
Why wouldn't it?
It fits according to Outmotoring. http://www.outmotoring.com/gp-rear-diffuser.html

-Z
Please post some pictures once you installed it. I'm ordering a JCW coupe soon. And I want to get this diffuser as well.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Talked to my MA buddy about these awhile back as I've been trying to find a way to get some since the day I saw the first GP2 pics and he's placing the order for me. The delivery situation is goofy so its a crapshoot for when any of us will get them but what the heck I'm in no hurry.

Btw Bluetoy the diffusers will definitely fit the Roadster.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 AM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TerminalVelocity
Talked to my MA buddy about these awhile back as I've been trying to find a way to get some since the day I saw the first GP2 pics and he's placing the order for me. The delivery situation is goofy so its a crapshoot for when any of us will get them but what the heck I'm in no hurry.

Btw Bluetoy the diffusers will definitely fit the Roadster.
Thanks for the info Andrew! I'll see what I hear about parts in Chicago.

-Steven

Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 AM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Why wouldn't it?

-Z
I know it will fit the bumper fine, it's the Roadster braces that might require a little rework...we'll see. I'm going to place an order. Thanks for the link, Aaron is always on top of things at OutMotoring.

-Steven

Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 AM
James Burgess
1st Gear
I ordered the GP2 Diffuser from www.Outmotoring.com, it should arrive Tuesday. Much cheaper than ordering it from England. My local dealer told me they showed part numbers but no availability. Interesting that outmotoring can get it but not the dealer.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by James Burgess
I ordered the GP2 Diffuser from www.Outmotoring.com, it should arrive Tuesday. Much cheaper than ordering it from England. My local dealer told me they showed part numbers but no availability. Interesting that outmotoring can get it but not the dealer.
How much was the shipping? I saw it said the shipping is more because its coming from Europe. I emailed them and am waiting to hear back.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 AM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by James Burgess
I just placed an order as well. No word yet on shipping, when I checked out there was no shipping fees shown, but I'm sure that will change.

-Steven

Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 AM
sooper_cooper
5th Gear
Here's the discount code for those who ordered from or who plan to order from Outmotoring in case you didn's see their post:

nam0213

Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 AM
zcast
3rd Gear
I ordered mine late Friday night 1/25. Got the email it shipped Wednesday on the 30th. Tracking says it is on the truck for delivery today. Ordered from Outmotoring.com, free shipping. The additional shipping costs incur if you are shipping internationally, not domestically.

Not sure what their stock is but they aren't asking much more for it than the dealer charges, plus our discount, plus free shipping. Less of a hassle IMO.

I will post pics of the pieces maybe tomorrow when I am back in town.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 AM
solskjaer1999
4th Gear
I ordered mine late Friday night 1/25. Got the email it shipped Wednesday on the 30th. Tracking says it is on the truck for delivery today. Ordered from Outmotoring.com, free shipping. The additional shipping costs incur if you are shipping internationally, not domestically.

Not sure what their stock is but they aren't asking much more for it than the dealer charges, plus our discount, plus free shipping. Less of a hassle IMO.

I will post pics of the pieces maybe tomorrow when I am back in town.
Did Outmotoring confirm that it was free shipping. I have just enough money for the diffuser but I don't want to get slammed with freight costs. Or is it free shipping using the code?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Do we know if the Outmotoring kit includes the 6 missing screws that are needed for proper assembly?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
zcast
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by solskjaer1999
Did Outmotoring confirm that it was free shipping. I have just enough money for the diffuser but I don't want to get slammed with freight costs. Or is it free shipping using the code?
They have a promotion running now that includes free shipping on orders over $195.
http://www.outmotoring.com/onsale.php?onsaleid=6

I don't know if they come with the screws or not, I will not be home to verify package contents until tomorrow.

-Z

Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
just ordered my defuser, what fuses need to be removed?

Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just ordered mine as well! It came out to $313 with the discount code and the free shipping there promoting at the moment.

Now I just gotta wait

Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 PM
zcast
3rd Gear
Mine just arrived from Outmotoring. I had the wife check the contents and it doesn't look like the screws are included with the kit. I assume they are for the tunnels below?

Old 02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Mine just arrived from Outmotoring. I had the wife check the contents and it doesn't look like the screws are included with the kit. I assume they are for the tunnels below?

Man this looks nice...post pics when you get it installed.

-Steven

Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 PM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Actually, the screws that attach the tunnels to that piece should be on the tunnels. It's the 6 screws that attach the tunnels to the brackets that I didn't have and needed to get from the dealer.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 PM
zcast
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kfmuller
Actually, the screws that attach the tunnels to that piece should be on the tunnels. It's the 6 screws that attach the tunnels to the brackets that I didn't have and needed to get from the dealer.

Would they be these screws that are already seated on the left? I am just trying to tell if they came with them or not. It's hrd when I am out of town

Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Would they be these screws that are already seated on the left? I am just trying to tell if they came with them or not. It's hrd when I am out of town

Yes, those screws attach the left and right air duct to the main center air duct that you attach in place of the bottom portion of you JCW bumper. The holes at the right (2 on that metal plate and 1 just below the metal plate) are where that air duct attaches to the bracket. There are three on each and those screws are not included. The brackets attach using the existing screws that attach the rear of your exhaust to the chassis. This is exactly how mine came from the dealer.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Are the screws that are needed the same as the ones that are included? This way I can just grab one of the included screws and run to the local hardware shop and ask them for "6 more of these" since I'm no expert on screws and their many variations.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Originally Posted by phantasms
Are the screws that are needed the same as the ones that are included? This way I can just grab one of the included screws and run to the local hardware shop and ask them for "6 more of these" since I'm no expert on screws and their many variations.
That's correct - they screw into the same threaded metal clip as the other ones do. I took a clip off of the bracket and a screw to my dealer to try and match as closely as possible. You want to make sure the screw will thread into the clip properly.

Quick Reply: JCW jcw gp 2 diffuser