JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Launch Package

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Juiceman
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Launch Package

I went to Desert Mini in lasvegas today. They had a JCW clubman on the lot. On the sticker they had a $2700 " Launch Package"??? What the hell is a Launch package??? Oh sorry about the picture.. I used my phone to thake the picture...Oh did I mention the " $2500 Market Value Adjustment"???

Old 08-31-2008, 08:39 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The "Launch Package" includes the JCW aerokit, strut brace, side scuttles, and alcantara steering wheel.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM
koveras
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I asked my dealer about this package and a few others(somebody once mentioned a "lights package and included pics somewhere on this site) and she has never heard of these. Are these dealer specific packages or is there somewhere I can read about them? I am liking the black side scuttles more and more and already plan to get the JCW Aero kit and JCW steering wheel. Is there anywhere I can find a list of packages?

Old 09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Juiceman
4th Gear
I dont know??? Call Desert Mini here in Las Vegas for info. But it sounds like they are a bunch of greedy crooks....

Old 09-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Dwell
4th Gear
The Launch Package, or Mortgage Payment, Extra Vegas Money, is an adjustment the dealer has implemented so he can pay off his house 7 years earlier, or used to invite a truckload of strippers over to his house at the account of your generous butt. See it as "spreading the wealth"- you're helping someone have the absolute time of his life.

Doesn't that make you want to eagerly pay it??

Old 09-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Performance Angst
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
The "Launch Package" includes the JCW aerokit, strut brace, side scuttles, and alcantara steering wheel.
I'm fairly certain the "launch package" did not include the JCW aero kit for this car. As that item is not available for the clubman from the factory.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Performance Angst
I'm fairly certain the "launch package" did not include the JCW aero kit for this car. As that item is not available for the clubman from the factory.
That may be the case, but then the $2700 price doesn't make sense - it's too high to just be the scuttles, brace, and steering wheel, and there's already a separate $2500 "market adjustment" on the car, so I don't think there's a second market adjustment hidden in the "Launch Package" price.

Is an aero kit available for the Clubman as a dealer-installed option? It's possible that it could still be part of the "Launch Package", even if that element of the package has to be dealer-installed.

EDIT - Well, now I don't know what to think. I found a Clubman-specific "Launch Package" (option ZCL), but it only includes the power-folding mirrors, heated washer jets and heated seats. There's no way that's $2700 worth of options. But it's possible that ZCL was the "Launch Package" from when the Clubman was first introduced, and is different from the "Launch Package" for the JCW version of the Clubman.

Last edited by ScottRiqui; 09-04-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
JCR1960
5th Gear
ALTA got the '09 JCW R56 with the Launch Package and here is a brief description:
The car we got is actually a special launch JCW R56. This means that there are few special items already installed on the car. The launch package consists of a few things like special badging, illuminated shifter and some other minor things. This launch package consists of certain options like the body kit, wheels, and some of the other trim pieces like a sunroof.
Link:https://www.northamericanmotoring.co....php?p=2424138

When I was recently at Vista MINI they had the '09 JCW Clubman with the Sport Stripes and the Launch Package on it but without the body kit which I don't think they make one for it as of yet.The price for the kit I think was around $2500 or so.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
diablito
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Juiceman
I dont know??? Call Desert Mini here in Las Vegas for info. But it sounds like they are a bunch of greedy crooks....
Let me share what this means...

All dealers got 2 "Launch" John Cooper Works MINIs or JCW's 1 Hardtop and 1 Clubman both models had extras from the Factory.

Hardtop Launch Pkg.

JCW (JOHN COOPER WORKS) BODY KIT
JCW SIDE SCUTTLES
JCW STRUT BRACE
JCW ALCANTARA STEERING WHEEL
JCW CARBON FIBER SPOKE INSERT
$3750

Clubman Launch Pkg.

JCW ROOF SPOILER
JCW SCUTTLES
JCW ALCANTARA STEERING WHEEL
JCW CARBON FIBER SPOKE INSERT
BLACK SPORT STRIPES
$2150

They are both chili red, and is very easy if you would like to buy a JCW launch model you need to pay for the extras unless the dealer is silly enough to give them to you for free, which I doubt any dealer will. I know I won't, If you like to wait 12 weeks you can buy a base JCW clubman and pay for what you want. Now most dealer had or have I seen up to $5,000 mark up or pure profit, is not a matter of being a crook or a greedy dealer is a matter of business and supply and demand, I have the launch JCW CM on my patio at the dealer and still has a $5000 profit addendum on it, but I have configure and few to order so is not a big deal, I am sure if you want a JCW clubman they can build you one and this way you pay for what you want. All and all I have 4 Clubman S on the way which are not spoken for and most of my production numbers until last week of october delivery time are taken, so is not like we have rows of clubman to give away or have incentives. Really, is not greed is business. I hope you can get the JCW clubman you want is a super nice car for the money.