JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Does JCW Suspenison include new strut mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:40 PM
SparklingMini
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does JCW Suspenison include new strut mounts

Does the JCW suspension come with new strut mounts all around. I'm having the mods done next week at the dealer because I'm unhappy with my existing suspension.

I don't know if I have a bad strut or strut mount in the rear on left. I'm hoping this will fix the issue. As you may have seen my post. Sometimes my car sits lower on the drivers side and feels that way when I'm driving. '08 MCS 6,000 miles

Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SparklingMini
Does the JCW suspension come with new strut mounts all around. I'm having the mods done next week at the dealer because I'm unhappy with my existing suspension.

I don't know if I have a bad strut or strut mount in the rear on left. I'm hoping this will fix the issue. As you may have seen my post. Sometimes my car sits lower on the drivers side and feels that way when I'm driving. '08 MCS 6,000 miles
I don't believe so, but I could be wrong. I just never saw it on a parts list for the kit.

I remember seeing your other post, don't recall the details, but I adamantly believe all problems should be identified and resolved before making modifications. Who knows, you might be happier with the suspension if it was working correctly. Not to talk you out of it as I'm sure you'll be happier with the JCW suspension than the factory options... but it'd be a bummer after all that investment to still have the same problem.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Ian Venieri
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FugitiveAI
...all problems should be identified and resolved before making modifications.
Correct.

Have the dealer fix the initial problem under warranty. Drive it and then drive another that has the exact same modifications that you want to buy. Compare and proceed.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:30 AM
SparklingMini
2nd Gear
Thanks for the advice. I have been down that route twice.

The techs at the dealership don't want to take the strut out an inspect it because they don't believe anything is wrong and would charge me the labor cost if they do.

I talked with Mini on the phone last night and complained (gave the service department a 2 out of 5 rating).

The tech haven't once done anything beyond drive it and hoist it up then say everthing looks good and tight.

I believe it is a bad strut from what I am experiencing and after talking with a friend who's worked on tons of suspensions. But like anything you can fix it if you don't try...Those techs don't want to do any work that won't get them paid by warranty or me!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Ian Venieri
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It could be a sway bar issue as sometimes the bushing clamps squeeze the bushing too tightly and do not allow the bar/s to rotate.
Simply loosen the clamps, move the car so that the suspension settles and measure again. Cheap check.