JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Who has driven the JCW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 09:09 AM
OpusMini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious, I've driven one and I've seen some other people talking about driving them. Just trying to get an idea of what people's impressions were.

Old 06-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
:smile: :smile:

Chow!

Donna

Old 06-22-2003, 08:10 AM
minilee
1st Gear
I got the JCW installed on my car this past week. They just arrived at the Florida Dealerships last week. I had previously put in the Mini Madness cold intake and did the Pulley upgrade with Randy from Mini-motorsports when he was in Florida just 3 weeks ago. I have Randy’s pulley in my garage due to JCW comes with their own and no reason not to keep the whole kit together.
After Randy’s' install the car pulled unbelievable. What an improvement. Well now, after the JCW it really rips. The cost is on the high side until you figure if you got new heads from one of the aftermarket companies along with new exhaust and pulley with install costs and tax it only comes out to a few extra dollars and the car is covered by MINI. NO PROBLEMS. I recommend highly. I know mine is the first customer install in Florida and a few dealerships had installed on their demos. Get the KIT you will flip out. By the way, I new there would be a MPG deficit with the modification but it is minimal as I expected. What a gas!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Normalizer
4th Gear
I've had my Works S conversion now for a week and a half, and I think it's amazing.... a lot of it depends on what you are expecting to get and how you drive I guess.

My experience is that the car is in everyway a better machine with it as far as the engine and power is concerned, easier to drive too.... no more lagging at stoplights fearing it's gonna stall out and get it around 4500rpm and the power difference can be incredible.

It's not a corvette or anything speed/power wise, but I think it's a huge difference. If money is the main concern it appears that just swapping out the pully on the supercharger is the way to go, much cheaper and you get near to if not complete horsepower compared to the works. Of course you do that and you've thrown your warranty down the drain, but that's the other route to go.

I don't think the Works is a "must have" mod for the S, the stock is is just fine the way it is, but the Works S is just amazing....

I have absolultely no regrests about doing it whatsoever.