Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Front seat-back scuff mark preventer!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:20 AM
solberg
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Front seat-back scuff mark preventer!!

If you have kids in the back seat this product is a must. Target carries a seat-back protector under the Eddie Bauer brand. It's basically a heavy mat-black vinyl with an adjustable strap at the top and bottom that completely covers the back of the front seat without looking tacky. $10.00 !!!

Old 08-22-2006, 06:45 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since you did not give us a link, I checked Target.com and foud some interesting things - I have a kid in a booster, and would like to have something like this.

Do you mean THIS one, or THIS? I think you mean the second one. they also have THIS ONE for a few bucks more, if you want more storage space...

Thanks foir the tip - nice and practical, without being fugly.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 AM
solberg
2nd Gear
I actually got the 1st one you linked to protect under the seat and the 2nd one for the seat back. I did see the one you linked with the additional storage but I didn't really need the storage. An added benefit for the under seat protector is that it matches perfectly with the English Leather seats!!

Old 08-22-2006, 09:46 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Great find - thanks for sharing it! I'll pick one up in a few days and will post some pics.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:54 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
OK, I got the seat back protector last night. Here's a mini-review...

For $10, I didn't have high expectations... in fact, I installed it in Target's parking lot because I assumed that I may have to return it on the spot.

Opening the package (a nice, zippered pouch), I noticed that the material is a thick, rubbery black, not unlike the aprons I remember from Chemistry class in school. The finish is matte with a small Eddie Baur logo enbroidered on it in white (you can barely see it in the photo above). It actually looks fantastic against my black leather interior, and if the logo were not there, I'd bet that people might not even realize it's there at all. Because of the finish, liquid rolls right off of it and it feels enough to endure even spirited kicking.

While it covers the stock seat's web pocket, the protector itself has two pockets of its own, so you don't lose any storage space - in fact, I may purchase a second one for the driver's side simply because the pockets are NOT mesh and could hold thing like Detail Spray or cloths witout showing them to the world like the OEM seat back ppockets do. The straps are thick and the protector is designed so that the lower strap does NOT rub against the seat - the two "wings" you see in the photo wrap around and seem to cushion the leather. When adjusted, the straps have QUITE a bit of extra material left over, but I simply tucked everything into the seat seam. When sat upon, you cannot feel the straps. Even at high speed, the protector does not flap around in the wind, even with my cabrio's top down - hopefully as it ages it won't loosen up and start flapping.

The only drawback I see is that the cover sits atop the seat back release, but I found that if I press hard it still will release properly. Hopefully, over time, this won't fray or damage the protector, but if it does, hey, it's only $10 to replace, right?

Great find, Solberg!

If anyone wants a pic of the thing in my car, let me know and I'll shoot one. Initial impression: 5 "Thumbs Up", but let's see how it holds up over time:

The following users liked this post:
KimKat (09-13-2017)
Old 08-23-2006, 10:06 AM
solberg
2nd Gear
Glad you like it Imagox. On mine the cover just comes across the side of the seat release so I don't think it should be a problem. I've found the passenger side pocket to be a pretty accessible CD holder as well.

The following users liked this post:
KimKat (09-13-2017)
Old 08-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Ords
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ImagoX
OK, I got the seat back protector last night. Here's a mini-review...

If anyone wants a pic of the thing in my car, let me know and I'll shoot one. Initial impression: 5 "Thumbs Up", but let's see how it holds up over time:
Would be great to see a pic if you don't mind. As they say, a pic is worth a thousand words.