Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Harness Bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:55 AM
lukee
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harness Bars

Ok guys,
I've looked all over NAM and the web for a manufacturer of harness bars for the MINI. I have had no luck and am wondering if there is a reason for this? My first instinct was to go with Sparco who makes it for a variety of cars but not the MINI. So, has anyone installed a a harness bar in their MINI (custom or otherwise)? I want to be able to use a harness with racing seats and I dont want to use the buckle in harnesses or bolt the harnesses to the floor as this is extremely dangerous. I'm not considering a full cage so this is also out of the question. If I cannot find a vendor for these I know someone who said they can produce them and if there are enough ppl interested maybye we can make him a vendor. The ONLY problems I have been able to see is maybye the seats are positioned too far back behind the pillar so installing a bar would really force you to sit quite close and upright. Of course the bar wouldnt be straight across but would have a slight angle in it to allow some room behind the seats. Also, it might be a problem creating a bolt on bar since there is that plastic covering on the piller blocking access to the bolt holding the current belt in place.

Please, anyone with experience or info on this subject tell me something. And anyone interested please post your ideas or concerns.

Thanks,
Luca

Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 AM
red rage
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts