Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Non-oem Pedal Change

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:22 PM
sandtoast500
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Non-oem Pedal Change

I couldn't stand those little rubber booties that come on the MC pedals, and forget all those lame-o pedals availible through moss (no offense, moss). The MINI pedals are OK, but they have no flair. With a wing and a proverbial prayer I ordered the MOMO Stealth wide pedals for BMWs and Mercedes, hoping for a fit.

They fit pefect and look like they belong!
Here's a pic:

Flashy, grippy and sturdy, plus they're european enough to be in my MINI.

about $108 for the whole set from www.ltbmotorsports.com (best price) with free shipping for any order over $100-

They fit exactly with some drilling- The clutch was the easiest, its plastic and lined right up;
the accel has a waffle back and wasn't too bad to line up, but I used some washers to anchor the nuts on the back and I had to clip off the excess screw end;
the brake pedal is metal so it took denting a starting spot, then holding a drill there for a minute to get through, still not too bad and again a perfect alignment;
the dead pedal has a curve and the MOMO pedal does not, so I placed a felt pad under the bottom 1/3 the attatched the screws thru the plastic dead pedal (no nut) by hand so I didn't strip them.

Enjoy another pedal choice with style!

-[[[S]]]

Old 04-16-2005, 07:28 PM
sandtoast500
5th Gear
LTB Motorsports

careful if you go on the site, though, because the Le Mans pedal set from MOMO will not line up to drill onto the pedals-

Just a little "heads up".

-[[[S]]]

Old 04-17-2005, 05:50 AM
norm03s
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They look nice, question though.

Originally Posted by sandtoast500
I couldn't stand those little rubber booties that come on the MC pedals, and forget all those lame-o pedals availible through moss (no offense, moss). The MINI pedals are OK, but they have no flair. With a wing and a proverbial prayer I ordered the MOMO Stealth wide pedals for BMWs and Mercedes, hoping for a fit.

They fit pefect and look like they belong!
Here's a pic:

Flashy, grippy and sturdy, plus they're european enough to be in my MINI.

about $108 for the whole set from www.ltbmotorsports.com (best price) with free shipping for any order over $100-

They fit exactly with some drilling- The clutch was the easiest, its plastic and lined right up;
the accel has a waffle back and wasn't too bad to line up, but I used some washers to anchor the nuts on the back and I had to clip off the excess screw end;
the brake pedal is metal so it took denting a starting spot, then holding a drill there for a minute to get through, still not too bad and again a perfect alignment;
the dead pedal has a curve and the MOMO pedal does not, so I placed a felt pad under the bottom 1/3 the attatched the screws thru the plastic dead pedal (no nut) by hand so I didn't strip them.

Enjoy another pedal choice with style!

-[[[S]]]
Does the gas pedal have am ear on the lower left for heal and toe?
Can't quite make that part of your picture out.
Were able to add angle to the dead pedal?
What is the surface of the pedals like for no slip when wet?

Last edited by norm03s; 04-17-2005 at 05:54 AM. Reason: add text
Old 04-17-2005, 08:16 AM
MINI Monkey
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They look nice. I had MOMO padels on my Miata and they were great. Enjoy!

Old 04-17-2005, 09:20 AM
sandtoast500
5th Gear
The gas pedal is symmetrical- just a rounded rectangle. The dead pedal is angled towards the back because of the pad underneath the bottom portion of the pedal. The pedal are machined and have pretty good grip- -I've had no slips even in some wet conditions. The bottom of each pedal has a rubber covering for even better grip. See the pics on the site where they sell them for a better pic of the pedal texture.

-[[[S]]]