Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Aftermarket heated seat wiring query

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:23 PM
toast_king
Neutral
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Aftermarket heated seat wiring query

Hello all! (new guy here, but not to forums or DIY work)

I've been flexing my google fu for a few weeks now and keep coming up empty handed. nothing i've searched for as yielded a resolution or information that i need. I decided to register finally so I could ask the question to you geniuses directly
I have a 2010 R56 S hatch (prod 9/09 w/N14)

I have acquired a set of heated seat pads (under the leather, 3 stage heating, diy kind). I also sourced an OE IHKA with the factory heated seat switches to replace my current non-heated seat ihka.

I've attempted so many dead ends to try to access the MINI WDS but i just cant seem to get it to work, not with IE/chrome(obv)/or Firefox. But that being said, i'm not sure what i'm hoping to find with the pinout anyway, it wouldnt really tell me what i needed to know i dont think.

So the meat and potatoes of my actual question: Is there a way for me to wire in my aftermarket seats to the oem heated seat switches? If so, can anyone help me out by giving me a bit of direction? I'm pretty handy when it comes to electrical work and am confident I can figure something out if given a decent amount of information.

Thanks all you beautiful people, hope we can figure something out

Old 10-02-2018, 04:08 PM
toast_king
Neutral
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone? :(