Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Dealer install top decals suck.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok with that LOUD title I was wondering if there was anyone else that finds that their dealer installed decals peel off the roof if you wash/dry/wax your car alot.

I truly think that instead of BMW/MiniUSA telling Cooper Flags to change their name, they would be better to contract them to produce a superior decal set for the Mini.

My stripes are Cooper Flags and they firstly have no special issues when I wax my car, in addition, I do not think they will come off at all without a reall effort to remove them, while my dealer checkerboard top is beginning to peel up at certain corners.

The dealer wants to replace them as a warantied item, which I feel is not a bad situation, but truly Mini USA may be better off to have a contract to sell the CF decals while they profit on them, and continue to allow CF to use their name in advertising.

Old 11-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Thrilhouse
5th Gear
Haven't even had mine a month and a couple corners of my dealer-installed Union Jack look to be coming up...

Old 11-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Have you tried to wax your car yet? Some waxes seem to not do too well with the decals, where they work without issue on and around the Cooper Flags stripes I have.

Old 11-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has CooperFlags been approached by the BMW attorneys? Sheesh!

Wonder if the attorneys have ever heard of Cooper brand tires? I sure wish someone would legitimately do the same to MINI as MINIUSA has done to our dear MINI community. Steak and Shake could certainly make a good argument that their logo was stolen by MINI. Cooper Tires could do the same.

Grrrrr. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Old 11-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Mini-Matt
4th Gear
OK -here is the deal. We don't have to change our name as they (MINI) don't own the rights to the Cooper name, only "mini cooper" - this is according to my lawyer. We DO have to change our logo which we will show later this week on the front page of MCO.

We too wish that MINI would purchase direct through us to supply the dealerships, but I don't think that current management has this in their future plans.

matt@cooperflags.com

Old 11-09-2003, 04:28 PM
tsprayfhs
3rd Gear
I have an 02 with a us roof flag. I wash and wax regularly with no problems. If the dealer wants to warrenty it what is your problem. What more can you ask? They said they will fix it. Let them. I'm sorry you had a fixable problem. Oh and the car has 24000 mi on it and the flag looks brand new.

Motor on