Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Advice for a LaB match

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:36 AM
tookietookie
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice for a LaB match

I may or may not be getting a used MINI from someone on the forum. Regardless, it's not Laser Blue, and if I get it, I'm going to be vinyl-wrapping it Laser Blue-ish anyway.

So: Anyone have advice on what to pair Laser Blue with? Black is an obvious. So is white. But...what else?

Old 07-26-2008, 11:44 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What ? If it's not Laser Blue you're going to vinyl wrap the entire car to make it appear to be Laser Blue ??

Okay... what parts are you planning to mod in another color ? Roof ? Mirror caps ? Stripes ? The matching color you use depends on the part of the MINI you're modding. But generally, you don't have a lot of options with LaB if you eliminate black and white. Perhaps a muted shade of orange or yellow. If you're very careful, maybe you could go with a shade of red. I think it would have to be a deep red.

Really... vinyl wrap the MINI ??

Old 07-26-2008, 12:11 PM
tookietookie
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue or a flat black. My cousin owns a vinyl shop. I do a lot of commercial artwork for him. He owes me.

As for what parts, I'm not sure, actually. Just colors in general. I was looking at some wheels on tirerack.com and there was one with a deep red stripe and on the preview, it actually looked really good on the blue Mini. I was just wondering if anyone else has used other colors on a LaB Mini. Maybe like a side vinyl on the doors, or a rear window wrap. I don't mind the black (I'm planning on wrapping the roof a satin black anyway), but I was just looking for other options.

Oh, forgot to mention...he's gonna be advertising his shop on my Mini (one of those advertising wraps) anyway, so I was just going to be more selective.

Last edited by tookietookie; 07-26-2008 at 12:16 PM.