GP2 Build Production Number decal options - North American Motoring

GP2 Build Production Number decal options

Old 01-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Neutral

GP2 Build Production Number decal options

Hi everyone...I would like to install a GP2 build production number on the side roof of my GP2(similar to the GP1s), but I have seen various decal designs and colors...is there a MINI provided GP2 build number that I can purchase around? I know MINI offers one for GP.

I know i read somewhere that you can basically design however you want it, but is there any official leads as to how we should address this? It would be best to petition MINI Global to at least send as official GP2 decals to all Registered GP2 owners worlwide to be installed on the roof as a 'recall' or post sale program. What do you think? Comments, advise and photos of your GP2 build number installed would be well-appreciated here.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:24 PM
5th Gear

GP2 Roof Graphic

If this is what you are looking for, you should be able to order it from the dealer.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:40 PM
Neutral

My GP2 has this decal already on the driver side...this is the US Roof number...i am referring to the world build number which i intend to install on the other side of the roof.

Thank you.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Neutral

so are you guys saying that those decals are optional, and you can always order from the dealer?
Old 12-07-2016, 02:56 AM
6th Gear

I thought the "Roof Number" was the world wide build number??? I didn't realize they numbered them per U.S. and then everywhere else had their own set of numbers, which by that account there would actually be alot of cars with the same 2 numbers wouldn't it??? A U.S. car with number 0123 and a car in the UK or somewhere with 0123 as well !!!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:34 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2MINI View Post
I thought the "Roof Number" was the world wide build number??? I didn't realize they numbered them per U.S. and then everywhere else had their own set of numbers
Yes - it's pretty well established. See the registry thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-registry.html

While this registry is primarily US numbers - you'll see both a US 0485 and Dubai 0485 - or US 0014 vs Canada 14 (they used 2 digit roof numbers).

More on topic - I'd love to get an official global production number sticker that matches the theme..... Maybe even a small version that fits on the drivers side with the roof number.

...david (owner of US roof number 0425, global production number 1184)
Old 12-07-2016, 01:37 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-k View Post
so are you guys saying that those decals are optional, and you can always order from the dealer?
2 roof number stickers are included with the car when new - the dealers were instructed to leave it up to the owner if they wanted to install 1 or both (or so I understand), and would install them if you wanted.

Replacements (limited..) are available through the dealer parts network - but I believe they're only allowed to order the vin-matching number, so we wouldn't be able to order for example someone else's sticker that matches our global production number.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Vendor

My GP came with one on the driver side and got two spares. Because I preordered the car they put the one on. All the other GPs that were not preordered came with no decals and the dealer was suppose to put them on. That is why you sometimes see both decals installed as some dealers did it that way.
Personally I wish they wouldn't have put it on as the waving flag background looks bad and the car would have a much cleaner look with out it.

You can NOT order new decals as MINI doesn't have them and they aren't making them. I've had multiple customers with them fade try to get replacements and MINI has told dealers to just have some made.

On the other hand I also got a framed 1616 new GP decal from MINI as a gift while I waited for my GP to come in as that was suppose to be the number to match my GP1. But since they only went to 500 they couldn't put it on the car, so they gave it to me anyway.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:47 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen View Post
Yes - it's pretty well established. See the registry thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-registry.html

While this registry is primarily US numbers - you'll see both a US 0485 and Dubai 0485 - or US 0014 vs Canada 14 (they used 2 digit roof numbers).

More on topic - I'd love to get an official global production number sticker that matches the theme..... Maybe even a small version that fits on the drivers side with the roof number.

...david (owner of US roof number 0425, global production number 1184)
By the way, how to find out the global production number?