General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schwaben scan tool, MINI F56 abs bleed

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 04:41 PM
mengf
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schwaben scan tool, MINI F56 abs bleed

Hi, all. When i change the brake fluid, I accidentally emptied the fluid resolver when using a power bleeder, so air got into the abs unit. Now the pedal is spongy. So I get the schwaben scan tool to bleed the abs system. But i got some problem using it.
First, the system could not automatically read my vin number, so i need to select the car model every time. Is this the case for everybody?
Second, when i choose service>chassis>ABS/DSCservice the screen seems freeze for a few seconds, and doesn't actually do anything.
Anyone here familiar with the scan tool can help me out? Thanks

Old 11-29-2017, 05:23 AM
pianoman011
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't help you with your bleeding problem, but I have a F56 JCW and it can not read my vin either. It doesn't work as advertised and trying to get Foxscanner (Original Manufacturer) to address the problems is like pulling teeth. You have to do everything in email and half the time they don't understand the problem. They also say that they are working on an update. That update has never came. I will never buy another one of their scanners.

The following users liked this post:
bratling (11-09-2019)
Old 11-29-2017, 06:41 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Just saw this, you will have to register and update the scanner. If the vin is brand new and the car came right off the boat. It might not find it as the VINs take some time to get recorded. You can always use the select your model option. If you have any more problems you can always PM me and I am here to help. The bleeder worked on my Gen 1 and Gen 2 MINI fine. Sounds like an update is needed.

This is the correct site as some people go to the wrong site thinking its foxwell when it's not.

http://www.foxwelltech.com/support/

Here is the main link to follow for updates: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-q-and-a.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 11-29-2017, 11:00 AM
pianoman011
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Just saw this, you will have to register and update the scanner. If the vin is brand new and the car came right off the boat. It might not find it as the VINs take some time to get recorded. You can always use the select your model option. If you have any more problems you can always PM me and I am here to help. The bleeder worked on my Gen 1 and Gen 2 MINI fine. Sounds like an update is needed.

This is the correct site as some people go to the wrong site thinking its foxwell when it's not.

Here is the main link to follow for updates: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-q-and-a.html
I did register and get the only update for the scanner but it still will not read my vin. My car was put into service March of 17, They said there is another update coming but so far none have shown up. I use if for my VW's and paid for that program and it does a lot of functions for them, but really nothing for the Mini. I am disappointed in the scanner capabilities, but at least I can read and reset codes if I ever have any.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Ok, yes, that a newer car. For newer MINIs some options will come with time. I find the R55-R61 (gen 2 MINI)coverage very good. VW/audi is different from MINI / BMW as their platform is more open to coding and options. Whereas MINI / BMW may not have as many options. Think like this: VAG is more open book and BMW group likes to keep things secretive and locked.

Have you gone through all the screens and options? I found a lot of test functions for MINI.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 11-29-2017, 12:20 PM
mengf
Neutral

I updated the system
can you please walk me through the manual how to activate the brake bleed mode?
also when use the bleed mode, do you attach powerbleeder to the resoviour or do you leave the cap open close?
thanks

Old 11-29-2017, 12:47 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
You just activate it and it pulsates the ABS very fast to get the air out. Then you bleed the brakes as normal with it off.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:42 PM
cristo
Alliance Member
Received 203 Likes on 167 Posts
You just activate it and it pulsates the ABS very fast to get the air out. Then you bleed the brakes as normal with it off.
To clarify, do you bleed all 4 brakes in
the usual order, then activate the ABS pump,
then bleed all 4 again, or activate before each
wheel’s second bleed?

Old 11-09-2019, 10:39 AM
yesti
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
The Foxwell NT510 does NOT activate the ABS pump on a 2012 S hardtop N18 engine. Here is what they responded:

Sorry that our old device truly have this issue. we will improve it in new version product. So far, couldn't fix it. thank you.

Old 12-13-2021, 06:06 PM
rbraastad
Neutral
i have a similar question my foxwell scanner doesnt actuate abs system so i can bleed the abs system any answers