General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I move my Mini Financial payment due date will the new date count for this month?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Avabird17
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I move my Mini Financial payment due date will the new date count for this month?

New job has my paycheck coming later than I had thought. Also, what happens if i make my payment to Mini Financial late? Is there a fine?

Old 08-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Don't know if they have a grace period, but late means late fee and additional interest on your account. You'll have to ask them when it takes effect, maybe they can help you out with being late without a penalty do to paycheck issues.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:30 AM
SonicTheMini
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there is usually a 10 day grace period but should call to confirm. another option would be to see if they would be willing to take a credit card payment. keep in mind that if they do agree they might charge a fee plus it might code as a cash advance. IMO thats still better than being late and have it hit your credit report

Old 08-12-2017, 10:51 AM
ProjectMini
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I do believe

One free of punishment payment change can be made to any financial agreement when it come to due date. One change for the life of the account.
Please call MINI and confirm as they really hold the strings.
Good luck
PM

Old 08-14-2017, 04:31 PM
Kodan
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I got my last finance and my most recent lease I was able to get a due date change(changed date due for ALL remaining payments to the new date) BUT I had to make at least the first payment in both cases before they would do a change. I had my prior car payments set on the 8th of the month and the new payments were on different days. For my budget and so I didn't forget I wanted it set back to the 8th. They said sure we can do that make this months payment first and we can set next for the 8th like you want. That hurt me a bit but I am sure they would work with you. No lender wants you to default etc. and most will be more than willing to work with you if you have a valid reason.

As others have said though contact them. Every single account I have ever had credit wise has been able to work with me if I had issues with payment dates as long as I contacted them ahead of time and explained my situation. I have even had some accounts that have been willing to waive late fees and not report late payments if I had been on time for a certain period of time before I went brain dead and forgot to pay them.

I have even had to call my finance/lease company on two separate deals and say hey I had another financial emergency crop up and I cant make this months payment at all and they were willing to allow me to forgo a months payments(one lender was willing to forgo up to 3 months I believe it was) with the stipulation that those forgone payments would be added to the end of my contract term and ALL interest charges would still accrue for those missed months. Basically I had interest added each missed month and then had to pay at the end of the contract for the missed months and interest AND the missed months interest. Not once was I reported as late or anything.

Your mileage may vary but for the most part most lenders realize that life happens and situations change. As long as you are proactive and TALK to them most lenders will work with you and not ding your credit in the process. Its only the people that ignore things that get in trouble with their lenders.

Last edited by Kodan; 08-14-2017 at 04:48 PM.