General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2002 Mini Owner Flashing Yellow Exclamation Point Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Teeto.Miller
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2002 Mini Owner Flashing Yellow Exclamation Point Questions

Hello,

I am a new 2002 Mini Cooper owner. I just picked up my vehicle from the dealership today where all they did was replace the clutch cables.

Everything was fine then this flashing yellow exclamation point with a tire around it started flashing at me.

I checked the manual it said to pull over right away and check tire psi or for a flat. No flat was found but I smelled burnt breaks as if I had just come down a mountain and used the brakes too much.

I turned the car off, restarted the car the flashing light was gone.

I drove about another 3 minutes and the same thing happened.

I checked on all these different forums and everyone says to check the psi or that it may be a wheel issue.

Problem is everyone is talking about this light not flashing and no one else has said anything about the burnt break smell.

Has anyone heard of this?

I thought I may have left the parking break on which may have caused that light to come on and the burnt break smell but I made sure it was off when I started driving again. I noticed there is one level on the ebrake that doesn't make the brake light turn on so I thought it may be that. However, after I made sure to put the ebrake all the way down and the light still came on flashing.

Once I stopped I pulled the ebrake up and put it down several times thinking maybe the ebrake was stuck a little and then drove the car for about 30 minutes on and off the highway to see if turned back on and it didn't. I have since driven several short distances and the smell is not there and the light has stayed off.

Just wondering if anyone out there has run into this and if anyone has info on the ebrake warning lights?

Thanks in advance for any responses anyone has.

Teeto

Old 12-08-2014, 10:13 PM
CornerCarver
1st Gear

If the image above is the warning light you see, it is your Dynamic Stability Control light. Turn the car off to reset or press/depress the button and your problems should be solved. You may have accidentally pressed the button unintentionally without realizing it.

Last edited by CornerCarver; 12-08-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Created URL instead of Photo
Old 12-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Teeto.Miller
Neutral
Not The One

It's not that light. it's an exclamation point with a horseshoe around it that looks kind of like a tire. Thanks though.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:14 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
Responded in your other thread ...

Motor on!

Old 12-09-2014, 05:23 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Short answer..bring it back to the dealer...
Say "its broke, fix it".....
Not you problem if you picked it up and it did it on the way home. Even a cash buy, as is should get you hone....