General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Other MINIsters Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:22 PM
revray
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any Other MINIsters Out There?

I pastor Union Congregational Church in Rockville, CT. I was just wondering how many other MINIsters there are out there.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not a MINIster, but probably could be one if called.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
revray
4th Gear
Ah, Arlington! I remember it well from my days at Dallas Seminary. I used to like to take in a Rangers game every now and then, and a couple of classmates & I used to play golf there with our mentor/prof.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
GonePostalWV
Coordinator :: Country Roads MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a minister but...

Was driving in to work last Friday and passed a blue mini with the
vanity plate "MINIREV"....

Hadn't seen the car before but will keep an eye out for it in the future.
(This was in Charleston , WV btw).

Old 02-04-2008, 06:02 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Quickly becoming the "not a MINIster BUT" thread...

I'm not a MINIster - but one of my pastors *almost* covets my MINI...

Old 02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by revray
I remember it well from my days at Dallas Seminary.
Ah, Dallas Seminary...fond times hangin' out around those guys in the '70s!!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Not a MINIster, not even overtly religious, but...

...I scream "Oh, God" in ecstacy alot while I'm driving her. Hitting the apex of a twisty just right can become a spiritual moment And I feel very blessed to have joined such a wonderful community as that of the MINI.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 AM
revray
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay
Not a MINIster, not even overtly religious, but... I scream "Oh, God" in ecstacy alot while I'm driving her. Hitting the apex of a twisty just right can become a spiritual moment And I feel very blessed to have joined such a wonderful community as that of the MINI.
And you thought you weren't religious! MINI's are such great little cars that they have an almost mystical power to overcome all our inhibitions, and cause us to cry out, deep down in your covertly religious souls, to the God that made such a thing as a MINI even remotely possible.

If that comes across as too preachy, then forgive me as a fellow member of the wonderful MINI community. And if it comes across as just one MINI lover having fun with another MINI lover, then great! Either way, all MINI experiences are religious experiences.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:57 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
You know, tig makes a good point - my MINI has been a blessing - though sometimes I love it a little too much, bordering on idoltry... but it has opened up a whole world to me of new friends from many different walks of life who I would never have met otherwise - and opportunities to serve, charitable opportunities, etc. And helped me break out of my little introverted shell...

Old 02-06-2008, 06:33 AM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Not a MINIster either... but my father-in-law is a pastor in MN... and my fav group is MINIstry

Old 02-06-2008, 06:58 AM
IMGRFX
4th Gear
Not a MINIster but my pastor is a Brit and loves my MINI. One elder asks me regularly if I am keeping all four wheels on the ground... then he laughs. I think they all pray for me. The MINI is a wonderful conversation starter and a great source of joy.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Not me, but have you looked into a personalized plate? That would be a great one.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:26 AM
revray
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LynnEl
Not me, but have you looked into a personalized plate? That would be a great one.
This thread has been fun, even though I have yet to get one reply from another MINIster.

Now, speaking of personalized plates ... CT only allows six letters , which really stiffles the creativity (or maybe I should say challenges it). The two that I am currently most seriously considering are MINSTR and BLIMEY. I've probably gone over the edge, but I have compiled a list of about 50, which only makes the final decision that much harder.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Ray, my dad is a minister and has been considering becoming a MINIster in the future. I know my dad knows another MINIster, so I'll ask him who it is.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I mentioned this a long time ago, but a lady came up to me once in a parking lot and said her pastor mentioned MINIs in a sermon in a "what would Jesus drive" kinda context. Aside from the obvious tongue-in-cheek theological statement, it would have been interesting to know what he might have said!!! I figure it was at least complimentary.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:23 PM
LuxoDave
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMac2005
\ and my fav group is MINIstry

LOL, nice.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:29 PM
RilianMini
2nd Gear
I am a Preacher. I announced my call on June 29, 2004. I am not yet a Minister, I plan on attending seminary after I get my bachelor's degree.

I am currently the Youth Choir Leader/Asst. Choir Director and the 18-28y.o. Sunday School teacher at my church. (Varnell Baptist Church in Varnell, GA) I have had the privilege to fill in for my Pastor on severall occasions, and also to preach our Summer Youth Camp for the past 3 years. God has blessed me beyond measure with such a wonderful church family, and I am so proud to be apart of it.

So I guess I am a future MINIster....or MINIster in training....????

Last edited by RilianMini; 02-06-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:28 AM
revray
4th Gear
augustburnsred11, As far as I'm concerned, if you're in full-time ministry, then you're a full-fledged MINIster .

Now, there are all kinds of other questions that your post raises, though. Like why your screen name is "augustburnsred11" when you own a blue MINI? And are there 10 other "augustburnsred"s ahead of you, and is that why you're number 11. And of course, how can an associate pastor anywhere afford a new MINI? I'm a senior pastor, and I had to buy a used '03, which I absolutely totally love even so.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 PM
RilianMini
2nd Gear
Well, my screen name is the name of one of my favorite bands. (Its Christian band, but some people have a problem considering their style of music Christian. But their lyrics are deffinately Christian....and thats another topic for another thread.) The 11 is just "my number"...sports growing up, and my current autocross number...(PS My MINI is Dark Silver not blue lol )

As for affording it...one word PARENTS...I'll be 20 later this month. I still live at home and they help me out. The amount of money saved on gas, (previously drove a Silverado) makes up for the new payments. But I dont get paid sallary for what I do at church, its all for Him!

Maybe we should get someone to make us a MINIster's badge for our sigs!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 PM
mkuhn
1st Gear
As previously communicated in another thread! I am a MINIster in the lovely state of SC! I am a Student Pastor and have a mini which has become a great source of sermon illustrations already in the 3 weeks it's been here!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
I am not a MINIster. I am actually an agnostic, but i do believe in a higher power. I was in a really bad rollover accident in november, and broke 3 vertebrae, and both my ankles. I believe in karma, and i believe in helping others who are in need. (I will be going to Guinea, Africa for Peace Corps pretty soon) The reason for my post is that, regardless of religion, i feel like my mini has helped in my healing process by making me feel safe in a car again, when i was so scared to get in a car. It has made me not only feel safe, but has allowed me to once again enjoy being in a car. It is a blessing! So, to the ministers here, I applaud you for your car choice of course, but also for your deep compassion for your beliefs. And i just wanted to share that no matter what religion, our mini's are inspiration in many different ways to each and every one of us. And with that said, happy motoring to all!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:30 PM
allenski
4th Gear
I see how this thread has been RESURRECTED.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:24 PM
RilianMini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by allenski
I see how this thread has been RESURRECTED.
HAHAHA!!!

NICE!!!

Originally Posted by mkuhn
As previously communicated in another thread! I am a MINIster in the lovely state of SC! I am a Student Pastor and have a mini which has become a great source of sermon illustrations already in the 3 weeks it's been here!!!
hmm...could we MINIsters maybe share our MINI related sermon illustrations??? haha

Old 05-15-2008, 08:14 PM
allenski
4th Gear
jessicasprouse, you have to get the credit on bringing this thread back to life.

As for sermon illustrations . . . maybe I can start thinking how "small things in life do matter" - the power of small-ness.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by allenski
jessicasprouse, you have to get the credit on bringing this thread back to life.

As for sermon illustrations . . . maybe I can start thinking how "small things in life do matter" - the power of small-ness.
thanks, but i think the person who posted above me should be getting credit for reviving the thread.