F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Countryman Hybrid Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 04:31 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Countryman Hybrid Tips and Tricks

My new Countryman Hybrid arrived a couple of days ago, and I’m still learning my way around. At delivery I started laughing when they went through all the features and I was totally overwhelmed!

so, what are the great tips and tricks you’ve learned so far that you’d like to share? Don’t limit comments to SE only features, anything cool about the F60 is welcome!

Old 12-02-2017, 04:35 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
I start the conversation with: have you found the driver side under seat storage box? If so, what do you put in it?

Old 12-02-2017, 08:19 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Haha, funny you mentioned that, I just found that one today when vacuuming the CM. I got all excited, my son thought I was being weird and stupid, "it's just a storage box dad."

Old 12-02-2017, 09:18 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Keep the pointer in the yellow range as you can to enjoy the electrical motor power. Keep charging and setup the precondition before departure in the cold weather. Save battery power for rush hours traffic. If the battery is not charged before 91% of battery capacity is reached during the Save battery mode, switch to Save Battery mode again
Download EV charging apps and join EV charging programs in case you need to find any available EV charging stations right away

Hope these tips help

Last edited by pyuhlu; 12-02-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:40 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Do some coding and disable all the annoying welcome gongs.
Sit as low as possible in the car - provides the best driving position - though still not great.
Consider clearbra for the front. I'm not a clearbra person - in fact I hate it - but this car is like an air plow and within a few weeks you will have a ton of rock chips.
Rear seat has incline and slides back and forward. If you need more trunk space you can slide it forward and have it in the most erect position - really opens up the trunk space a lot.
Watch out for your tail gate opening on it's own and closing on it's own. There is a software update for this.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:39 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
I start the conversation with: have you found the driver side under seat storage box? If so, what do you put in it?
Tire gauge, pens. About it.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
Rear seat has incline and slides back and forward. If you need more trunk space you can slide it forward and have it in the most erect position - really opens up the trunk space a lot.
I thought the SE Hybrid lost the fore and aft track of the rear seats due to placement of battery pack and electric motor?

Old 12-04-2017, 09:14 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Now I'm at work, and the car is not with me, but if I remember correctly, under my drivers seat, there's a subwoofer/speaker. So does that mean if you got the HK sound system you don't get the storage box?

Old 12-05-2017, 08:17 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
Now I'm at work, and the car is not with me, but if I remember correctly, under my drivers seat, there's a subwoofer/speaker. So does that mean if you got the HK sound system you don't get the storage box?
I have both.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:56 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
No, All mini's have subwoofers. You have Harman Kardon if you have tweeters on your doors with Harman Kardon brand.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:41 PM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I do have the HK, but no storage under my drivers seat. It probably came with one of the packages I didn't pick. I also don't have the storage netting in the trunk (on the side) or the front passenger side (left leg area)

Old 02-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Toddnorm
Neutral
The Storage box comes with the Storage package.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:43 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think anyone did a summary but it might be worth looking through this older thread done for the 2017 F60s when they first arrived. Might be slightly different for 2018 Hybrid but likely mostly the same.
f60-features-i-didn-t-know-about

Old 04-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Mini03Tiger84
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Can you force all wheel drive mode?

Hi,
I've only had my SE All4 for a couple of weeks. I live in the mountains and there are times I'd like to force a true all-wheel drive mode. The auto mode sometimes gives all wheel drive under a moderate to heavy load. But I found myself on some gravel and I tried to start in a spot where I need all-wheel drive. I could not make it happen. I had to very easily get started when All4 would have been safer and more comfortable

Of course we have the
3 engine modes Max edrive, Auto, Save
and the
3 driving styles, Sport, Mid, Green
And the transmission settings
D
S1-6
M1-6

Is there a combination that would force all-wheel drive?

Old 06-23-2018, 11:51 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone with the hybrid who did do coding himself on the kombi? i only get numbers in esys and thus no names. Anyone who coded sport rev counter in the hud with the hybrid?

Old 10-16-2018, 07:10 AM
iamgrego
Neutral
Hello you all!

I received my F60 All4 countryman 5 months ago and maybe someone knows more about it.
I got the led package and I want to be able to switch the day light mode (only the led rings) at night do you know if this can be done?

I used to have also the mini S r56 which had some tricks on the computer did anyone maybe find some in his/ her F60?

Thanks!

Grig

Old 11-15-2018, 07:21 PM
MLC-Mobile
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally trying precondition mode when it's cold, and what I've found is that it uses the battery to precondition the car, even if the car is plugged in. Anyone have any tips to get it to not drain your battery?