F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Exchanging side mirror without dimming to with dimming and dead corner. ​​​​​​​

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 01:14 PM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Exchanging side mirror without dimming to with dimming and dead corner. ​​​​​​​

Guys as tou know i have an almost full option F60 Hybrid. My passengerside mirror has no dimmimg option and no dead corner. My side has all options.

I bought 2 full option mirrors for my F56 2 years back but never put them on because too much had to change. Now i was wondering if anybody knows if i can only flip out the mirror itself and exchange them? The complete mirror has a different base. A longer neck on the F60. Otherwise the mirrors are the same.

Would it be a problem to try? If the cables are the same?

Old 01-30-2018, 01:42 PM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm researching changing my Wife's Countryman Mirrors to Power folding versions. This is what I've found so far. The plain mirrors are basic wired, power, ground, . The 'fancier' mirrors add a LIN Bus to get more functions over the 'base' mirrors. Soooo, that also ties in a different Window Switch Pack since it has the all-important Mirror Folding Button and LIN BUS as well. The LIN BUS goes back to the Body Module.
Real OEM seems to be misleading on the wiring that's inside the doors unless I'm reading it wrong when I look up Door Harnesses. It's not the same for different 'mirrored' cars, and THAT fact matches what I've found on newtis.org courtesy of people here on NAM.
Your most accurate check seems to be to look up your VIN on NewTis.Org and see how your doors and mirrors are wired. Then try a good known VIN of a similar car that has the exact mirror options you want, and compare the two to see what you're missing.
I can't guarantee that the actual Mirror Connector is going to be the same either since the wiring going into it is in different PIN locations from Model to Model according again to newtis.org. I took my Wife's mirror off to take a picture of the plastic electrical connector and the Pin locations so I'd have a hard reference to fall back on when I check a Power Mirrored Version later this year.
In short, there's no guarantee that MINI used the same door harness side to side on your front doors, which means wiring that one door up might be a bit of a challenge to get your extra mirror features.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:59 PM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Pure Red
I'm researching changing my Wife's Countryman Mirrors to Power folding versions. This is what I've found so far. The plain mirrors are basic wired, power, ground, . The 'fancier' mirrors add a LIN Bus to get more functions over the 'base' mirrors. Soooo, that also ties in a different Window Switch Pack since it has the all-important Mirror Folding Button and LIN BUS as well. The LIN BUS goes back to the Body Module.
Real OEM seems to be misleading on the wiring that's inside the doors unless I'm reading it wrong when I look up Door Harnesses. It's not the same for different 'mirrored' cars, and THAT fact matches what I've found on newtis.org courtesy of people here on NAM.
Your most accurate check seems to be to look up your VIN on NewTis.Org and see how your doors and mirrors are wired. Then try a good known VIN of a similar car that has the exact mirror options you want, and compare the two to see what you're missing.
I can't guarantee that the actual Mirror Connector is going to be the same either since the wiring going into it is in different PIN locations from Model to Model according again to newtis.org. I took my Wife's mirror off to take a picture of the plastic electrical connector and the Pin locations so I'd have a hard reference to fall back on when I check a Power Mirrored Version later this year.
In short, there's no guarantee that MINI used the same door harness side to side on your front doors, which means wiring that one door up might be a bit of a challenge to get your extra mirror features.
thanx very much for your insight. Very helpful!

Old 02-05-2018, 07:05 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Too bad. The cable inside the mirror for dimming missing all together. Only cable for heating. Nothing extra)

this is the inside of the older mirror.