F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 DervTech Tuning now available in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 04:44 PM
ebrown0104
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Anybody hear from KP lately? I sent a PM about tuning on Feb 14th and got a reply almost immediately, and then had a couple follow-up questions and and haven't heard anything since then

Old 09-14-2021, 05:06 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Any new updates...sent a PM and haven't heard anything either.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:03 PM
KP Tuning Solutions
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bluonyx
Any new updates...sent a PM and haven't heard anything either.
Hey there, sorry for the delay. NAM has been fairly quiet lately so it tends to fly under my radar. Will pm you back now. Thanks!

Kyle

Old 09-14-2021, 08:12 PM
KP Tuning Solutions
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jpsjr1970
2020/21 F56 JCW Included?
Yes. However, the ECU would most likely need to be bench up locked

Old 09-30-2021, 08:54 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Kyle has my ECU right now, so excited to get it back so I can carve up all the Santa Monica mountain roads again.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:08 PM
NY1mini
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car feels good!

I got my tune with Kyle last weekend and I only had the car for about two weeks f55. Car feel so much better now and smooth I could imagine stage 2. Kyle gave me a lot of info and was a cool guy to deal with and also gave me a Black Friday discount.

The following 2 users liked this post by NY1mini:
bluonyx (11-30-2021), d_m0906 (01-11-2022)
Old 12-06-2021, 07:13 AM
oeyekul
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Octane 95 supported? My country only has 92,95,98 unleaded petrol

Realised, The number at the gas pumps uses RON, while North America uses RON+MON/2 (Mean Octane Number)

Last edited by oeyekul; 12-06-2021 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:39 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Send you a text, regarding a past tune. Thanks

Old 01-25-2022, 07:55 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Just another shout out to Kyle for adding more pops and bangs to my tune. Great guy and wonderful tune! BUMP BUMP

Old 12-25-2022, 06:05 PM
DYCCY
Neutral
Process

Originally Posted by shmandrew
Hey all,

Apologies in advance if this is considered an advertisement against forum rules or anything like that, but I just wanted to share my impressions of my new tune with you all.

Last week, I finally got my long awaited DervTech Stage 2+ tune (thanks @LOLOLIVER / @KP Tuning Solutions !!!) and I am sincerely super impressed with both the tune and the service. The power comes on so smooth and feels so natural, like the engine wants to make this power and not like it's being forced to. I know that sounds kind of odd, but it really needs to be felt firsthand to understand. Pops and bangs are through the roof (at my request), but the tune is fully customizable and that (or any other aspect) can be toned down to your individual preferences.

Switchable maps for different drive modes were an option... I opted against this as I will likely be deleting my drive mode selector when I install my Coolerworx shifter soon. Very cool concept though and I haven't heard anyone else offering this on the F series.

Now I want to be very clear - I don't want to talk badly about any other tuners here or insinuate their tunes are not good because that couldn't be further from the truth. I personally feel that the DervTech tune feels substantially different, both in power levels and how that power is delivered, as compared to my previous tunes. Again, not looking to badmouth anyone as I was happy with my previous tunes as well. But this just feels even better to me. Until I have real dyno numbers, this is all my subjective opinion based on my highly calibrated butt dyno, but I'm very excited and just wanted to spread the word and make people aware that there's a new option to consider. DervTech tunes were not available in the US (to my knowledge) until very recently and I know I've personally been drooling over the numbers they've been getting out of UK cars for years now. Once this COVID situation stabilizes and I can get some dyno time, I'd be happy to share my numbers with anyone curious.

Our NYC-area MINI club is seeing an explosion in DervTech powered cars right now, with both F and R series, many of which are highly modified and were already very happily running other tunes. I think that's somewhat telling right there.

Anyway, apologies again if this is against forum rules (if so, mods please message me so we can revise this to be more acceptable). Not trying to sell anything here or tell people their tunes are no good... I'm just one excited enthusiast looking to share my personal experience with a new product with the rest of you.

Any questions, just fire away and I'll try my best to answer.
Originally Posted by boki
This past weekend I got DervTech Stage 1 tune for my 2019 F56 JCW from the same guys (LOLOLIVER - KP Tuning Solutions) and I 100% agree with your assessment. The power increase is great, the car feels so smooth and the power delivery is so linear it almost feels like a N/A car. Feels sooo much better then a tuning box that I had before - no hesitation, no jerkiness or any other little issues, I love it! This is exactly what I wanted and I know that it sounds like a cliche but that's how the car should've came from the factory. I was also one of the first customers of his to request the file without pops and bangs and that's exactly what I got.

The whole process was very straight forward and we were out on the test drive after half an hour or so - Kyle was monitoring all the parameters of my car on a tablet while I was getting it up to temperature and then flogging it around for 10-15 minutes. Everything checked out great, no check engine lights or any other issues so we called it a day and he was off to tune another Mini. Very professional and knowledgeable approach, I appreciated it very much - thanks again!
Originally Posted by Mac_Mini
I just got a stage 1 tune for my 2016 F56 Cooper S from Kyle as well. Dude is super knowledgeable and communication is excellent. It feels like a completely different car. The first time I was shifting into first I was actually shocked at how instant the throttle response was. Caught me by surprise. I'm coming from a JCW Pro tuning kit paired with the NM Power Module and this doesn't even compare. It just does not stop pulling through the rev range.

Now I'm just waiting for additional parts to come in so that I can upgrade to the stage 2+. Can't wait!
What process did you all go through to get your tunes? I am in the US and was wondering. I know they do BM3 and heard something about shipping some stuff. I’m curious to what you all did and how much that costed?

Old 12-27-2022, 06:42 AM
boki
3rd Gear
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by DYCCY
What process did you all go through to get your tunes? I am in the US and was wondering. I know they do BM3 and heard something about shipping some stuff. I’m curious to what you all did and how much that costed?
Are you in NY/NJ/CT? If yes then all you have to do is contact Kyle and hash it out with him. He's an awesome guy and will explain it all to you. I'm still enjoying my tune, no issues whatsoever, car pulls like crazy and I still love it.

Old 12-27-2022, 11:45 AM
DYCCY
Neutral
CA and was it just shipping your ecu or did you use something like bm3?

Old 12-27-2022, 11:49 AM
boki
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DYCCY
CA and was it just shipping your ecu or did you use something like bm3?
We met, he took my ECU out of the car, unlocked it, bench flashed it and reinstalled it back in the car. PM him or email him, he posted his email address in this thread and have him explain it all to you.

Old 01-03-2023, 04:01 AM
THE ITCH
5th Gear
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Have you done any 2023 JCW Clubman’s?
Thanks, Steve

Old 04-20-2023, 04:22 PM
Rocketrob
Neutral
Has anyone done the Pioneer Performance B48 JCW turbo along with the Derv Tech Stage 2 tune?

And another request for any USA side dyno numbers?

Old 06-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Volcaminic
Neutral
Need Help

Originally Posted by boki
We met, he took my ECU out of the car, unlocked it, bench flashed it and reinstalled it back in the car. PM him or email him, he posted his email address in this thread and have him explain it all to you.
do you have tuners info? I tuned my 19 F56 JCW with Dinan Elite and their promise of 334hp is complete lie. Barely noticed any difference, my check engine light for P0420 stayed on and now car is basically stuck at 240hp when before that it was getting close to 300 from sports display measurements. I just want a decent tune that can put me at 333hp lol running full bolts on with charge pipes and intake hard pipe. I don't mind going hybrid turbo but if I can get to 333 tbh I wouldn't need more. P.S dinan also kinda killed my pops... Plus I'm in NJ so seems like it'll be easier.

Old 03-20-2024, 07:43 AM
boki
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Volcaminic
do you have tuners info? I tuned my 19 F56 JCW with Dinan Elite and their promise of 334hp is complete lie. Barely noticed any difference, my check engine light for P0420 stayed on and now car is basically stuck at 240hp when before that it was getting close to 300 from sports display measurements. I just want a decent tune that can put me at 333hp lol running full bolts on with charge pipes and intake hard pipe. I don't mind going hybrid turbo but if I can get to 333 tbh I wouldn't need more. P.S dinan also kinda killed my pops... Plus I'm in NJ so seems like it'll be easier.
Sorry mate, I just saw this post - did you ever get in touch with DervTech/Kyle? If not, PM me your contact info and I'll pass it over to Kyle.