F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 BMW/Mini Passenger Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 05:18 AM
BennyF
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well we finally have the recall done and the only reason why is I had read that the Takata air bag were dangerous. There is a way of doing the recall which is 90% non invasive. instead of ripping everything apart they come in from under the glove box only takes about an hour.

as a final thought if you asked me to buy another mini Cooper I'm gonna say HEll no. too many small issues turn into big inconveniences. And my comfort level with the brand is zero. Just learned that MINI has the most amount of recalls of any other brand vehicle, it's is always something wrong major every year.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:28 AM
DAVIDLEERAD
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BennyF
well we finally have the recall done and the only reason why is I had read that the Takata air bag were dangerous. There is a way of doing the recall which is 90% non invasive. instead of ripping everything apart they come in from under the glove box only takes about an hour.

as a final thought if you asked me to buy another mini Cooper I'm gonna say HEll no. too many small issues turn into big inconveniences. And my comfort level with the brand is zero. Just learned that MINI has the most amount of recalls of any other brand vehicle, it's is always something wrong major every year.
Blah blah blah

Old 02-06-2016, 01:56 PM
BennyF
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DAVIDLEERAD
Blah blah blah
No...Crap crap crap...found out today I had a bad strut and the key fob failed...

Old 02-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I'll add my $0.02. I had my recall done. The dealership now uses a non-invasive method that only removes the glove-box. The replacement, including a free car wash and a loaner, barely took the time I went to and ate lunch.

No squeaks, no rattles, nothing loose. Totally professional. I wasn't able to say that a decade ago with MINI.

Get your recall done. There's no excuse.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:20 PM
BennyF
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ryephile
I'll add my $0.02. I had my recall done. The dealership now uses a non-invasive method that only removes the glove-box. The replacement, including a free car wash and a loaner, barely took the time I went to and ate lunch.

No squeaks, no rattles, nothing loose. Totally professional. I wasn't able to say that a decade ago with MINI.

Get your recall done. There's no excuse.
i like your ride, getting red mirrors too

Old 02-06-2016, 02:22 PM
DAVIDLEERAD
3rd Gear
No...Crap crap crap...found out today I had a bad strut and the key fob failed...
I'm really sorry to hear about that!

I just get tired of people talking crap about MINI because they had a bad experience.
I've been lucky so far with mine but if something comes up, I'll get it fixed and still love my MINI.

It's nice to know that your experience with your air bag went smooth. 👍

Old 02-06-2016, 02:25 PM
BennyF
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DAVIDLEERAD
I'm really sorry to hear about that!

I just get tired of people talking crap about MINI because they had a bad experience.
I've been lucky so far with mine but if something comes up, I'll get it fixed and still love my MINI.

It's nice to know that your experience with your air bag went smooth. 👍
yeah, i had a 2006 3 series that requred a ton of service and had a dozen or so recalls and tbs's. my girlfriend has it now. Both high maintenance!

Old 02-06-2016, 02:40 PM
DAVIDLEERAD
3rd Gear
yeah, i had a 2006 3 series that requred a ton of service and had a dozen or so recalls and tbs's. my girlfriend has it now. Both high maintenance!
Yeah, that's a bummer. My girlfriend is high maintenance as well...haha! I'm kidding, I'm kidding! 😉

I'm also looking for red mirror caps... Jerry from NM gave me a link for covers... they're not a replacement , just a skin that goes over the existing mirror cap. They seem ok, but I'd rather get the full cap.