Mini Cooper Tow Hook Application Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

The Tow Hook is an essential ingredient for any roadside emergency kit - whether you have a daily driver or a track car. Even if you don't 'tow' the car, you will need this to simply 'pull' you car onto the flatbed. Yes, the tow truck driver can attach chains under the car to pull it onto the flatbed, but this will usually result in damage to the front spoiler or wind deflector due to the low ride height of your MINI. USE the Tow Hook!!

The application guide below will show you the part number of the tow hook products that are compatible with your MINI - whether you need a factory replacement, or an aftermarket 'track type' tow hook.
Click on the part number to see more details.

MINI Cooper Tow Hook Application Guide: (Click the following link for the application guide.) http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper...lication_Guide

Old 09-27-2015, 10:04 PM
XsV
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any reviews on the cravenspeed hooks?

Old 04-07-2020, 06:49 PM
sp_clark
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While a'building a Waterlust canoe kit from the esteemed folks at Chesapeake Light Craft, I stumbled onto this thread after accepting the fact that this canoe, once completed, will not be suitable for my Clubman's factory roof racks (or my 71 year-old back)... so trailering is my only recourse.

With an all-up weight of under 125 lbs for the canoe itself, and an aluminum trailer at about the same, I can't think towing 250 lbs - even 300 lbs - would be any more stressful on my 6-speed manual than hauling an equal weight of passengers, yes? No?

As for campers? That same CLC operation's got a Very Nice Indeed kit available that I think would nicely compliment a Clubman - in fact anything bearing the MINI brand - if its owner's at all handy, and maybe looking for a project whilst 'stayed-at-home' by decree!